August 2022 Hatch-a-long

I candled this morning! Did I take pictures? No. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

All but three of the eggs have development. I know there's a lot can can happen (or not happen) in the next 2.5 weeks but I'm pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately two of the apparent duds are out of my three Ameraucana eggs. Only one Isbar egg isn't showing anything. One has a saddled air sac.

My daughter is creeped out by veins so she's not 100% thrilled with candling. šŸ¤£

I candled this morning! Did I take pictures? No. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

All but three of the eggs have development. I know there's a lot can can happen (or not happen) in the next 2.5 weeks but I'm pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately two of the apparent duds are out of my three Ameraucana eggs. Only one Isbar egg isn't showing anything. One has a saddled air sac.

My daughter is creeped out by veins so she's not 100% thrilled with candling. šŸ¤£
Lol on your daughter. How old? Mine tell me it is gross... They are 17 and 19

My 9 year old is obsessed with all things creepy and gross šŸ™„ She just assisted me in some eggtopsies and loved it (minus the fact they were necessary). Her 4H group did a lesson on stages during incubation during our first time hatching. We put one of the eggs into the candler and she said ā€œoh no! The ring of death!ā€ Totally spot on and I didnā€™t think sheā€™d been listening at all lol

I think my eggs should be shipped out tomorrow. I really hope they are!! She mentioned maybe sending some lavender Brahma eggs or another Brahma. but when I was talking to her she said something about her Orpingtons and I mentioned wanted lavender ones but they were sold out. Well I just noticed on ebay she has lavender Orpingtons so kinda hoping maybe she will send me some of those instead of the Brahma's! but not sure what she will send and honestly will be thrilled even if I only get some of the splash Cochin eggs. Guess I see Wed or Thurs what she sends!

I think my eggs should be shipped out tomorrow. I really hope they are!! She mentioned maybe sending some lavender Brahma eggs or another Brahma. but when I was talking to her she said something about her Orpingtons and I mentioned wanted lavender ones but they were sold out. Well I just noticed on ebay she has lavender Orpingtons so kinda hoping maybe she will send me some of those instead of the Brahma's! but not sure what she will send and honestly will be thrilled even if I only get some of the splash Cochin eggs. Guess I see Wed or Thurs what she sends!
Can't wait to find out!!!

That sounds like such a gorgeous selection!

I cant wait!! They will be beautiful chickens!!

So the seller of the eggs messaged me today asking if I wanted an extra dozen eggs for $15.... She has some project eggs that are blue. Sending me some lavender Orpington eggs, a project english Orpington eggs that are buff laced split chocolates. I told her she can surprise me and throw in whatever she wants.

So I have 24 eggs coming... My husband is going to kill me. I will just say they were all free. Haahaa

So the seller of the eggs messaged me today asking if I wanted an extra dozen eggs for $15.... She has some project eggs that are blue. Sending me some lavender Orpington eggs, a project english Orpington eggs that are buff laced split chocolates. I told her she can surprise me and throw in whatever she wants.

So I have 24 eggs coming... My husband is going to kill me. I will just say they were all free. Haahaa
I have two more broodies my husband doesn't know about! I'm hoping he just doesn't notice :) Sounds like you're going to hatch some beauties!

Back
Top Bottom