Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I
As long as you feel that the others aren't likely to get curious and make matters worse. If the bullying escalates I would remove the bully.

I irrigated her wound does not look to bad just weeping heaps. I took her out of the coop and put her in with the roo for the day as I did not want her to be pecked again while I'm at work. If I remove the bully which happens to be the head chook would that affect her egg laying?

I
I irrigated her wound does not look to bad just weeping heaps. I took her out of the coop and put her in with the roo for the day as I did not want her to be pecked again while I'm at work. If I remove the bully which happens to be the head chook would that affect her egg laying?

Space is the best equaliser. If they have enough space and things to occupy their minds bullying is less likely. Removing anyone from the coop can upset the status quo.

Hi again, my baby is sick so I've not been online much, poor thing broke out in a rash last night so saw the doctor today. It's viral so lots of boob and rest which we were doing anyway, but with 2 very spirited boys as well im getting very little sleep !
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm still getting used to the new normal, it helps to focus on other things , it seems that my husband was a huge factor in my depression as I've actually been feeling good lately. Stressed ofcourse but not depressed, thankful I've got a close family who live just around the corner who have been a great help in relieving the work load.

I picked up the new chooks, unfortunately the woman failed to tell me they are bantams, I couldn't tell from the pictures and didn't think to ask. Not a huge issue I'm just not sure I wanted any more bantams. I didn't have the heart to tell her I wouldn't take them any more, but now I don't know if I want to keep them. they are very flighty, which with my small unfenced yard is not good. My girls aren't tame but they are quiet enough to stay close and catch if necessary. They are pretty little things though, I don't know what to do!!!

Once again Mother Nature has shown us that she can put on quite a show if she wants to!

Good to hear that you and yours are OK Sam!

Yes nature can be scary when it lets rip. Glad youall 'r good, take care.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks !

a few pics of the yard.....
he.gif

AND this was after the worst of it
caf.gif

Last edited:
Hi again, my baby is sick so I've not been online much, poor thing broke out in a rash last night so saw the doctor today. It's viral so lots of boob and rest which we were doing anyway, but with 2 very spirited boys as well im getting very little sleep !
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm still getting used to the new normal, it helps to focus on other things , it seems that my husband was a huge factor in my depression as I've actually been feeling good lately. Stressed ofcourse but not depressed, thankful I've got a close family who live just around the corner who have been a great help in relieving the work load.

I picked up the new chooks, unfortunately the woman failed to tell me they are bantams, I couldn't tell from the pictures and didn't think to ask. Not a huge issue I'm just not sure I wanted any more bantams. I didn't have the heart to tell her I wouldn't take them any more, but now I don't know if I want to keep them. they are very flighty, which with my small unfenced yard is not good. My girls aren't tame but they are quiet enough to stay close and catch if necessary. They are pretty little things though, I don't know what to do!!!

Sometimes as much as change is a scary place it can work out for the best thing to happen....

Glad your family is helping and about to assist you !

I sincerely hope Bub is better very soon....

Space is the best equaliser. If they have enough space and things to occupy their minds bullying is less likely. Removing anyone from the coop can upset the status quo.
They do have lots of room in the run maybe I'll hang something for them to peck. Don't know what else I can put in the pen to entertain them
1f610.png

They do have lots of room in the run maybe I'll hang something for them to peck. Don't know what else I can put in the pen to entertain them
1f610.png

I put a bale of hay in the pen and some smashed pumpkins , keeps them entertained for hours on end.
We went onboard the new warship HMAS Canberra for a cocktail party tonight. Man that's a big ship. Note to self , don't wear high heels when you have to climb 8 flights of stairs. Very impressive hospital and intensive care unit on board. It was a perfectly still night out on the flight deck.

Back
Top Bottom