Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

So jealous of all your broodies! Mine has changed her mind so I'm About to pop the eggs I got for her in the incubator. Would the few that she sat on for just over a day still be ok? Or would they have started and stopped?
I have the original 37 eggs in already, About to add nine ancona and six Plymouth rock from ash and just don't know what to do with Booker's eggs still in the nest. She's started laying again so have four or five there. I really got my hopes up thinking she was broody. I really wanted her to hatch ash's eggs so I could keep one of her babies and it would look the same but not be blood related. Ash, do you think I can hold out a few more days to see if she'll have another go?

On another note, more babies! I got my black copper marans today! *fingers crossed this one isn't a scam* :p

I think I have three girls and one boy
smile.png

I'm going to be overrun with chicks. I'm going to have About seven different breeds at one time, Plymouth rock (two lines), Araucana, marans, minorca, those cross breeds that were meant to be Yokohama and Sumatra, Andalusians, silver campine, real Yokohama, and ancona. I actually think it's too much. Will be a bit of work over the next couple months.
I would put the eggs in the incubator.

So jealous of all your broodies! Mine has changed her mind so I'm About to pop the eggs I got for her in the incubator. Would the few that she sat on for just over a day still be ok? Or would they have started and stopped?
I have the original 37 eggs in already, About to add nine ancona and six Plymouth rock from ash and just don't know what to do with Booker's eggs still in the nest. She's started laying again so have four or five there. I really got my hopes up thinking she was broody. I really wanted her to hatch ash's eggs so I could keep one of her babies and it would look the same but not be blood related. Ash, do you think I can hold out a few more days to see if she'll have another go?

On another note, more babies! I got my black copper marans today! *fingers crossed this one isn't a scam* :p

I think I have three girls and one boy :)

I'm going to be overrun with chicks. I'm going to have About seven different breeds at one time, Plymouth rock (two lines), Araucana, marans, minorca, those cross breeds that were meant to be Yokohama and Sumatra, Andalusians, silver campine, real Yokohama, and ancona. I actually think it's too much. Will be a bit of work over the next couple months.

Grats on the new chicks Pinky :) I am sure chook will be able tol let you know if they are true marans.

Quote: Your aviary looks great. Do they ever touch the ground those birds, it always seem like they are in trees.
I didn't know you where planing on hatching, can't wait to see the chicks ( are they called chicks ).
How old is he now then?

Quote: It's crazy down here...oh and make that 6. Just got one more this morning. To much clucking **GAH!**.
I have gotten 1 langhshan, 1 frizzle, 1 bantie, 1 cross, 1 blk sexlink and 1 wyndotte.

Back
Top Bottom