Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Hey guys!

Gahhh was a crazy weekend at my place! Haven't been online for a while.. This may seem like like a silly question but this is deff a cockrel? Yes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Yes. :) Unless it is much older than it looks and coming up to point of lay.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    What are hackle feathers?
    Sorry I'm new at all this...

4. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Noooo it's around 9-10 weeks mum now tells me that she heard him trying to crow this morning lol wish we could keep him he's full of attitude, the lovey lady i got him off will swap him over for a pullet lol.

5. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    What breed is it and how old is it?

6. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Pekin Bantam and 9-10 weeks, gone through a crazy colour change and has the sharp feathers around the base of the neck..

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yes that is hackle feathers starting to come in. What a shame he is a lovely looking boy. With pekins you can usually tell at around 4 weeks of age as the boys combs just about double in size to girls at that age, They do tend to crow really early.

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    They are the longer neck feathers that males get. Do a search on this site by typing in hackle feathers in the search bar. i am sure they will explain it better than me. You still could be right and that one is a girl. I was just suggestiung you keep an eye out on it incase.

9. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol I said he can't have a pool or spa due to our young kids and he said no snake :( for the same reason. I can't argue until I say you can have your spa!

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Tell him my two year old nephew loves ours snakes. First thing he asks to hold when he gets here lol. Tried to upload a picture of samuel with turbo but i could not get it to work. Will try again later. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by