Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yes I sure will. Do yu have facebook there is a site there you could request eggs.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    My cousin who is some head chick in the council out here and a quailifed electrician sent me a text one night saying motor burnt out on stupid bator on only second hatch. Drop kicked it outside and down the stairs.. about her jn48 Going for an rcom now.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Put a request on facebook site for you jellybean. I have asked them to pm if anyone has some for sale or pick up in nsw. Will message you if I get any leads :)

4. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Thank you so much satay. I will tell my daughter to keep her fingers and toes crossed.

5. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

its coming. :lau

we haven't got much yet either. I think the next lot is splitting in the middle and we are going to miss out. :he I even stayed home from work today (am working from here though) to keep an eye on everyone in the high winds etc that we had forecast.

Ok. I have just had an epiphany. I always thought people would call me a crazy cat lady as I got older and got more eccentric. Now I think maybe I will be called the crazy chook lady. :celebrate

6. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Jellybean, I actually have one of those crappy bators, and it works quite well for me. Get independent thermometer and hygrometer and check the settings. Mine holds temp, and humidity stays ok, though it is difficult to get it high. So, it should be ok, just keep an eye on it.

Sorry, just read your next post, sounds like you have it under control. :D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  7. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Hear there are storms coming for our QLd'ers. Hope you have your chooks tied down!!

8. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Think the lighter ones will get blown away. oh well, one way to select for the larger ones. :ya

9. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Thanks rexy. Yes, I know a little about incubators. Other people had problems on here, but I am one to always double or triple check everything. It stops heart ache. I never trust other peoples calibration on things, as I have been stung before with other things. But luckily this time it was perfect and I didn't really have to do anything but set the temperature, temp high and low and humidity (because the darn alarm thing was going off at 45 percent). I think the alarm is useful, but 45 isn't that low. Don't want it going off in the middle of the night when my daughter is resting for school the next day. I changed it to 32 percent. I will keep an eye on it and top it up when she is at school. I am use to that with my home made incubator, so no problems. The humidity is sitting on 59 percent with both channels full of water, so can see what you mean you can't get the humidity up. I am not to worried. When I put the eggs on lock down. I have a water tray that is covered in plastic mesh. I will run a plastic tube down to that and to the channels for easy filling. The tray brings my home made incubator go up to 80 to 85 percent, so should be ok I hope.
    rexy you might be able to help me with this though. I was thinking instead of putting the chicks in the big fish tank with heat lamp, that I might keep them for a while in the incubator (till they get there legs - few days). It is big enough, not sure what to set the temperature to. Wouldn't 37.5 be too hot, since the heat is steady throughout? I have a little tiny waterer and feed dish that would fit in there. What do you think? Or what anyone else thinks?

10. babyfoot

babyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys n gals, anyone know where I can purchase egg boxes near Perth WA that will either deliver Rural or close enough to Perth that I can pick up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by