1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Arghhh I'm so glad to have people who get it.. Thanx so much guys ppl can say it was just a chicken but I have a small flock and know all of their personalities.. Little Penelope had an autopsy at the vet I rushed her to because I was so scared it was a diseased death and would affect my other chook children but it was a heart and an artery that split or something to that effect so she was always dancing on the line of death and unfortunately it gave way.. They said she more than likely would have laid down from feeling sleepy then painlessly gone to chicken heaven.. It's horrible but she did have a good time and hours before her death had a whole piece of corn to herself and didn't have to share it so she went a happy chook..

Thanx again guys feels like a massive virtual hug ;) fancy your pics over a cup of tea have made it better (and the fact my boss insisted I have the arvo off hehe)

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    ((Hug)) and RIP Penelope

3. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    Sad to hear Penelope has passed away, Sydney. She must have been a great chicken for you to have loved and missed her so much .[​IMG]

4. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Big hugs.

5. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Here is another one already renovated :) $100 for the coop
    Chicken Pen and chicken wire fencing, star pickets on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1031027567

Funny I'd have never thought to renovate one of these but looks like its a popular idea :)

Mind you you might have trouble getting this one on the boat to get it home lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Oh now your just teasing me.

7. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Daniella, aka Sydney , when you feel like smiling again, have a read of my " chicken little the bravest little chicken alive " story. I think you will like it.[​IMG]

8. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    oooooooooooh Look what I got today :) woohoo, incubator is all ready :) gosh they look so tiny :)

9. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Sydney I am so sorry to hear of Penelope's passing :(

10. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    How exciting!! Will be little chicks peeping in no time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by