Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Lol, not like you to be so quiet, but you have a sharp mind and I'll bet you've been storing it all up top. I'm not usually up this late, just waiting for hubby to come home , he's on call and had to go in to the hyperbaric to treat a patient. They are travelling up north tomorrow for state champs. I also have a sick little Silkie roo by the fire. Had 3 Silkie chicks hatch today and I am expecting a small army of light Sussex to March out from under the hay shed any time now.

1 person likes this.
  2. abbeycreamcat

abbeycreamcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Geeveston Tasmania
    Yes it's nearly 1 am and we both should be in bed!
    I have just taken some heavy duty painkillers so hopefully am not too far off heading that way. I hope your roo is ok, I know you hate losing them as much as I do. I have had a few disasters here of late with 2 separate massacres by dogs, the first was a visiting dog and it got into the paddock and killed most of my Silkie and Pekin bantam hens as well 2 Polish and one of my roos. Luckily Fabio was away on stud duties or he would most likely have been taken as well, it got everything that couldn't fly. Then last week a visiting terrier got into my chicks and killed 8 young pullets, it was devastating to walk round picking up those little bodies.
    I hope all goes well at the champs, it's a rather long trip for horses and family!

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Very nice Chook :)

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Welcome :)

5. Pinky Macgyver

Pinky Macgyver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2012
    Great eggs chookpatch :)

6. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay I pick up calendars today

7. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    Thanks guys, I have a few pullets that should start laying by the end of the season who I'm hoping will have a consistent dark olive egg... fingers crossed as I have lots and lots of babies for next season :) White is definitely a shade I'm missing now with the breeds I chose to keep, the croads are pretty white but I must say I was looking forward to the duck eggs in that regard.

8. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah hun, he is just way too full on for her, plus he doesn't listen :( She is so tiny and frail to make matters worse :(
    Just heard she is coming home today, so been down to her place making sure everything is in place for her to sit and relax :)

9. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Oh, I don't believe it! The same bloody Isa has gone broody again! Hasn't she read the Isa handbook? This isn't supposed to happen!
    [​IMG]

10. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Welcome Abbey!
    I love your frizzle on your dp, he looks great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by