Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thanks, I have been a member of BYC for a little while but have not posted very much - I was going to say I've been pretty quiet but Fancychooklady will say that's impossible - so instead I'll claim to have been too busy absorbing the mine of information provided on here :D

Lol, not like you to be so quiet, but you have a sharp mind and I'll bet you've been storing it all up top. I'm not usually up this late, just waiting for hubby to come home , he's on call and had to go in to the hyperbaric to treat a patient. They are travelling up north tomorrow for state champs. I also have a sick little Silkie roo by the fire. Had 3 Silkie chicks hatch today and I am expecting a small army of light Sussex to March out from under the hay shed any time now.

Yes it's nearly 1 am and we both should be in bed!
I have just taken some heavy duty painkillers so hopefully am not too far off heading that way. I hope your roo is ok, I know you hate losing them as much as I do. I have had a few disasters here of late with 2 separate massacres by dogs, the first was a visiting dog and it got into the paddock and killed most of my Silkie and Pekin bantam hens as well 2 Polish and one of my roos. Luckily Fabio was away on stud duties or he would most likely have been taken as well, it got everything that couldn't fly. Then last week a visiting terrier got into my chicks and killed 8 young pullets, it was devastating to walk round picking up those little bodies.
I hope all goes well at the champs, it's a rather long trip for horses and family!

Getting some cool colours from my girls :)

Very nice Chook :)

Yes it's nearly 1 am and we both should be in bed!
I have just taken some heavy duty painkillers so hopefully am not too far off heading that way. I hope your roo is ok, I know you hate losing them as much as I do. I have had a few disasters here of late with 2 separate massacres by dogs, the first was a visiting dog and it got into the paddock and killed most of my Silkie and Pekin bantam hens as well 2 Polish and one of my roos. Luckily Fabio was away on stud duties or he would most likely have been taken as well, it got everything that couldn't fly. Then last week a visiting terrier got into my chicks and killed 8 young pullets, it was devastating to walk round picking up those little bodies.
I hope all goes well at the champs, it's a rather long trip for horses and family!

Welcome :)

Thanks guys, I have a few pullets that should start laying by the end of the season who I'm hoping will have a consistent dark olive egg... fingers crossed as I have lots and lots of babies for next season :) White is definitely a shade I'm missing now with the breeds I chose to keep, the croads are pretty white but I must say I was looking forward to the duck eggs in that regard.

Oh, I don't believe it! The same bloody Isa has gone broody again! Hasn't she read the Isa handbook? This isn't supposed to happen!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom