Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Have one of the guinea fowl that just wander around out here in a pen at at the moment. Found it in the yard yesterday and it could not walk Hubby and I grabbed it and it had string so badly caught around its feet it had cut into them. I took us a good hour to cut the string from its feet. I had to soak them and then put iodine on them. I have kept in separate in a cage and will try to find a home for it if it recovers ok. I wish who owned them would have kept them in their own yard. No one is owning up to them belonging to them so I will try to find it a good home if it makes it ok. Does anyone know how to sex them?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    oh the poor thing. good save!

3. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Well done Satay. Irresponsible owners of all livestock and pets should be shot!!

Bad news here Satay. I just found that coastal python dead. Beside my driveway, and about 10 metres from the road, it was missing its head, but still writhing, so it just happened. Not sure what could have happened, too far from the road for it to move with those injuries, and its only a very small road with very little traffic. I knew she was around somewhere. but hadn't seen her again, only her skin.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and good hatching :jumpy to those who have set eggs.

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Oh that's sad Rexy but unfortunately happens to the snakes we see them dead out this way all the time.

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

That sucks Satay. I have no idea how to sex Guinea's, sorry.
    Hope she/he recovers.

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Thanks Luke. I have a lady coming ot pick it up at 4pm. She is going to nurse it back to health and keep it on her acreage. I will ask her when she picks it up if she knows the sex.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    The guinea fowl has found a new home. A lovely lady came and took him and her hubby is going to care for him so a good outcome for this little fella.

1 person likes this.
  8. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

That's great Satay. How are your Marans eggs going?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  9. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Thats great!

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Slowly rexy. Only got one more since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by