Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Meet the fluff ball gang.

And I named this one ChewBacca

Out of two eggs that hatched; looks like I have two Frizzles :D This little one is obvious..... This one I will wait a bit longer before definitely saying Frizzle. I was hoping for your thoughts on what colour this little one might be ... probably need to leave it a bit longer but I can't describe the colour except a sort of silvery blue!! The little sweetheart knew I was trying to catch a good picture of it's wing so was very obliging! lol
Beautiful Te! Are the last pic black n white or those grey tones her real colour

Hey Sam :)

Thank you!

They are colour pictures! The grey tones are his/her colour! I have never seen anything like it. As I said, probably need a few more days to give the feathers more chance to come through but they have me stumped! Is there such a thing as a silver or grey chicken?? lol

PS .. love the fluff ball gang!!
love.gif

Last edited:
Gorgeous babies Sam and I love the name chewbaca. Teila that chick is just beautiful, I thought it may have been a filter you used.

Out of two eggs that hatched; looks like I have two Frizzles :D This little one is obvious..... This one I will wait a bit longer before definitely saying Frizzle. I was hoping for your thoughts on what colour this little one might be ... probably need to leave it a bit longer but I can't describe the colour except a sort of silvery blue!! The little sweetheart knew I was trying to catch a good picture of it's wing so was very obliging! lol
Adorable :love

Hey Sam :) Thank you! They are colour pictures! The grey tones are his/her colour! I have never seen anything like it. As I said, probably need a few more days to give the feathers more chance to come through but they have me stumped! Is there such a thing as a silver or grey chicken?? lol PS .. love the fluff ball gang!! :love
As my youngling says so AWESOME

We've got two Speckled Sussexes, a brother-sister combo, all that hatched out of six eggs. They're now about 25 weeks old, and so far I think they've been really boring compared to our other birds. They seemed to suffer of a light case of cocci through the middle of the summer, something the rest of the flock never had any problems with. Especially the roo kept making very loose deposits. They are a lot less adventurous than our other birds too, and they've mostly kept to themselves up until now. Now, a few weeks ago, the rooster finally started crowing, and practicing mating (mostly his sister, and also an OE pullet we've got). They've also started to gain a bit of weight, and I have to admit, I'm starting to see them in a whole new light. This is how they looked a few weeks back, I'm starting to think they're actually pretty handsome birds.

And this is from today, after they've been allowed to enjoy the salad patch for a few days. Not much left.

Vehve, They are so pretty
love.gif
. I love mine. I still think I can get some good stock out of mine (not related). But hubby thinks the breed is so genetically fragile. Time will tell. My rooster was in a cage due to aggression until last night around 10pm. Daughter & I went to close coop door & seen a rat in his cage! He was trying to catch the rat, but you know how their eyesight is at night.. Poor guy, so I put him in the big coop on the roost. He will be happy this morning. Darn rats & mice. I'm going to have to learn how to use DHs guns & pick them off one by one.

Back
Top Bottom