Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Aww sounds yum. We went to yum Cha for lunch on Saturday with friends it was great

Might have to get your chilli coriander chicken recipe though ! Sounds great'

You can have that all yourself lol. My only experience with yum cha was in Melbourne and consisted of such delicacies as chicken feet and tripe to name a few. I ended up just eating the desert ones to be safe lol. Was awful, no matter where I looked there was someone else crowing down on something gross!
Hubby ate the chicken feet and whenever he says he doesn't want to try something now the kids all chime in with come on dad, can't be worse than chicken feet.,

My hubby used to complain that he couldn't drink decaffinated coffee because it gave him headaches, took a while to convince him it wasn't the decaffinated was the problem, it was the withdrawals from the real thing lol

I've had to give it up lately cause I've gone dairy free (and can't tolerate soy) and the morning cuppa just ain't the same with coconut milk ick Got very excited the other day as have discovered my local Gloria jeans now sells almond milk. It's an acquired taste but the longer I go without the real thing the better it tastes :)

Thankfully for me. I can't stand the smell of coffee so never had to worry about that one. There is no worse smell for me that when you go into a shopping centre and the first thing you smell is the coffee club coffee. It gives me a migraine. Hubby on the other hand is the biggest coffee junkie going around.:lol:

Last edited:
Thinking of all the qlders. We are all good here so far 50mm of rain so far but only light rain right now. You washed away yet @K Spot or @cwrite @Teila Reports are saying you guys have had up to 150mm so far. K you might need that horse to swim you around
smile.png
We had 400mm+ over the two days - Friday and Saturday. I did not go to work on Friday for fear of not being able to get home in the afternoon.
We had soooo much rain on Saturday that my husband and I had to frantically move my parent's appliances for their granny flat up onto tables and chairs in our garages as they were going under.

By midday Saturday all roads leading to my house were cut off. Poor old Lou was nearly a seahorse by the end of it.

And the feathered girls? Well some were hanging out IN THE RAIN. I swear they think they are ducks. And some of mine are going through a moult at the moment.

Sad news to bring though. I lost my other black sex link hen and black faverolles pullet yesterday. The Fav I think ate some poisonous mushroom and the bsl just dropped dead
hit.gif
I have NOT had a good run with chickens this year.

We had 400mm+ over the two days - Friday and Saturday. I did not go to work on Friday for fear of not being able to get home in the afternoon.

We had soooo much rain on Saturday that my husband and I had to frantically move my parent's appliances for their granny flat up onto tables and chairs in our garages as they were going under.  

By midday Saturday all roads leading to my house were cut off.  Poor old Lou was nearly a seahorse by the end of it.

And the feathered girls?  Well some were hanging out IN THE RAIN.  I swear they think they are ducks.  And some of mine are going through a moult at the moment.  

Sad news to bring though.  I lost my other black sex link hen and black faverolles pullet yesterday.  The Fav I think ate some poisonous mushroom and the bsl just dropped dead :hit I have NOT had a good run with chickens this year. 

We only got 115mm all up and no wind . I was happy about that. Least gave the tanks a good top up.
So sorry you lost your girls. :hit
I lost my only pair of khaki campbells on Saturday. They were very old and I am glad they went together as i don't think one could have coped without the other. No sign of injuries on them just looked like they went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Last edited:
We only got 115mm all up and no wind . I was happy about that. Least gave the tanks a good top up.
So sorry you lost your girls. :hit
I lost my only pair of khaki campbells on Saturday. They were very old and I am glad they went together as i don't think one could have coped without the other. No sign of injuries on them just looked like they went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Sad to lose long time 'friends' a person can be gutted by their passing. Better the went together as you say, many wont have it that beasties grieve, seen it too often to have any doubts myself.

So sad,

Andrew

Wow K Spot, that is a huge amount of rain. I hope your place (including the granny flat) is drying up quickly today! Sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

Hugs for you too Satay. Can't help but think that if they went together, they are together.

You can have that all yourself lol. My only experience with yum cha was in Melbourne and consisted of such delicacies as chicken feet and tripe to name a few. I ended up just eating the desert ones to be safe lol. Was awful, no matter where I looked there was someone else crowing down on something gross!
Hubby ate the chicken feet and whenever he says he doesn't want to try something now the kids all chime in with come on dad, can't be worse than chicken feet.,
It's strange, but yum-cha is really different between Sydney and Melbourne. You can certainly get the tripe, chicken feet and other odd things in Sydney (jellyfish, anyone??), but they seem to be much more front & centre at the restaurants in Melbourne. Yum-cha is a real family favourite for us...dumplings, pork buns, noodles, capsicum & tofu, chilli octopus...the delicious list goes on, with nary a chicken toe in sight!
That said, I think there's a real difference between Asian food in Sydney and Melbourne, so I guess it's what you are used to. I'm not a big fan of the flavours they use down south....I'd rather find an awesome Greek place and save the Asian for when I get back home! (My suburb is an Asian food mecca...we can get a whole Peking duck & pancakes for under $30!)

It's strange, but yum-cha is really different between Sydney and Melbourne. You can certainly get the tripe, chicken feet and other odd things in Sydney (jellyfish, anyone??), but they seem to be much more front & centre at the restaurants in Melbourne. Yum-cha is a real family favourite for us...dumplings, pork buns, noodles, capsicum & tofu, chilli octopus...the delicious list goes on, with nary a chicken toe in sight! 
That said, I think there's a real difference between Asian food in Sydney and Melbourne, so I guess it's what you are used to. I'm not a big fan of the flavours they use down south....I'd rather find an awesome Greek place and save the Asian for when I get back home! (My suburb is an Asian food mecca...we can get a whole Peking duck & pancakes for under $30!)

Maybe I will be brave again then next time we are in Sydney. I think what made this worse is the group we were with raved on about how great it was, had us walking in circles for half an hour trying to find the restaurant till we were all starving and then that was what we got. Rather a come down lol

Sad to lose long time 'friends' a person can be gutted by their passing. Better the went together as you say, many wont have it that beasties grieve, seen it too often to have any doubts myself.

So sad,

Andrew

Thanks kooka and cwrite. Was sad to loose them after so long but I am indeed grateful they went together. They lived with the muscovies but you never saw one without the other. He adored her and she him :)

Back
Top Bottom