Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Our weather sure is mad. I went to brissy yesterday to my mums . I got there about 6am and it was so nice I didn't even need a jumper.. This morning back here I am again freezing with the current temp only 3c. Who would think that it can be so much warmer just a short distance away. :idunno Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest morning thus far this year.

One degree here and a light dusting of snow all round. Feels like August. :rolleyes:
At least the sun is out.

On the weather last night they were saying that we are in alnino so to expect higher than average temps for winter as well as low rain fall. Low rain fall is normal for us but high temps ? really?

Weather nerd, on!

The tropical Pacific is in the early stages of El Niño. El Niño is often associated with below-average winter and spring rainfall over eastern Australia, and above-average daytime temperatures over the southern half of the country. However, the current May to July outlook suggests much of Australia is likely to be wetter than average.

This is unusual, actually, as El Niño is usually associated with dry weather in Australia. The last 26 events brought widespread drought 17 times, so we might be about to get off easy.

And because of the crazy way it works, we can enjoy higher temperatures and a probability of greater frost. Because, Australia: We combine the worst of all.

Weather nerd, on!

[COLOR=222222]The tropical Pacific is in the early stages of El Niño. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]El Niño is often associated with below-average winter and spring rainfall over eastern Australia, and above-average daytime temperatures over the southern half of the country. However, the current May to July outlook suggests much of Australia is likely to be wetter than average.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]This is unusual, actually, as El Niño is usually associated with dry weather in Australia.  The last 26 events brought widespread drought 17 times, so we might be about to get off easy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]And because of the crazy way it works, we can enjoy higher temperatures and a probability of greater frost.  Because, Australia: We combine the worst of all.[/COLOR]

! I fear the worst and boast the best we get what we get unfortunately
1f606.png

But I have a question weather nerd

What's a good experiment to show a weather phenomenon for 10yo science project! I have one clouds in a bottle

Oh, there's a few!

Google for 'Tornado in a Bottle', which can look pretty cool if you add some glitter in.

Or, if you have the right supplies, try a Fire Tornado, certain to get you the most cool points ever.

You could show a water cycle as well - either doing it through taping a plastic bag with some water somewhere warm to show condensation and 'rain', or by doing it in a closed glass terrarium, which can then show plants.

Or make frost. Bonus points to do both frost and a fire tornado.

Well at least we got a bit of rain last night sun is out but windy and chilly waiting for the grass to at least dry up a bit then let the chookers out
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom