Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Bubbies spent some time out with shadows in the coop after it started to cool down this afternoon. I have 11 frizzled but I don't think I got an silkie feathers this batch
YAY!!!!!!! 11 frizzles! Well done :-D
First egg from the next generation olive egg layers. (Marans cross Araucana) I am quite happy with that colour. xxxxx M
Well done it looks great! So excited for u :) My internet is playing up so off i go. Yes Teila im with u on the new years resolution!

Good morning friends :frow

Fancy I have fingers crossed for you that it does not rain before you get your hay baled.  Also, looking forward to some good news on the foal very soon :fl

chooks01 I am so very sorry to read of your loss :(

RodneyRooster yep, definitely enjoying the holiday period .. even I have been quiet ;)   I have to agree, there is no place like home and it is always nice to get back after being away.

sjturner79 your bubbies are gorgeous .. I will never tire of the proud mumma looks also.  11 frizzles :eek: good stuff!

So, yesterday I cleaned all the fly screens and windows; today is lawn mowing, tomorrow car detailing, Saturday housework and grocery shopping and then Sunday, as little as possible and mentally preparing myself for the return to work on Monday .. yikes! :oops:

Hoping everyone enjoys the New Year celebrations and that 2016 is a good year for all.  What are we doing to see in the New Year? Pushing out ZZZzzzz's :lau

Thanks Teila, the foal is close now. You can feel it kicking when you give mum a tummy rub. :) . With the help of a few friends the hay is in the shed, now I wish it would pour, so dry here. For New Year's Eve a friend of ours manages the yacht club in Hobart and has reserved a group table for us . Should be a nice view of the fireworks out on the balcony. I will be designated driver so no drinks for me. :rolleyes:

Whatever you are doing stay safe and look forward to chatting in 2016 :D

Does anyone else find the format of this site confusing? I wish it was set up more like facebook where you can talk to, and answer people easily without having to find the question 6 pages back. I have just ordered an incubator because my guineas are sitting on about 26 eggs and I thought I might try to hatch some myself. What I'm wondering is, if I take all the eggs, will they still lay their eggs in the same place? I like that they are laying in the shed where I can keep an eye on them. If I leave some eggs, and they're the first unfertile ones, and the hen gets clucky, then it would be sad for her to sit for a month for nothing. I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions.

Does anyone else find the format of this site confusing? I wish it was set up more like facebook where you can talk to, and answer people easily without having to find the question 6 pages back. I have just ordered an incubator because my guineas are sitting on about 26 eggs and I thought I might try to hatch some myself. What I'm wondering is, if I take all the eggs, will they still lay their eggs in the same place? I like that they are laying in the shed where I can keep an eye on them. If I leave some eggs, and they're the first unfertile ones, and the hen gets clucky, then it would be sad for her to sit for a month for nothing. I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions.

I think it's what you are used to. I had the hardest time getting used to Facebook because it wasn't threaded like the forums I was used to

Lost my only rooster Fred today I think the heat was too much for him
1f622.png
He is such a dear little chook.

So sorry to hear u lost him!
1f625.png

Back
Top Bottom