Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Satay I feel so bad for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to. I hope your boy heals nicely. We only have the neighbours cat to contend with she keeps trying to get in to the girls, Paul has made it hard for it. We have foxes around and I hope they don't get in, we are in a more built area now they sub divided the block next door into 3 units (It used to have 1 house). So I do I don't think we'll have a problem, Bear used to bark at everything now he is gone we don't have a dog to bark at cats or anything else.
i can relate to that. Thor would have gone anything that went near his girls. Iv'e been searching rescue sites for another hairy person but so far i have not found one that's right.

My youngest son keeps asking when we are going to get another dog. I'm not sure I'm ready for another bit commitment. I have dad in a nursing home and I'm trying to be there for mum and my own kids and grandkids. I don't want to get a dog if I can't devote enough time to it. My sons would be good but I still feel the responsibility. Maybe next year. Good luck finding your next fur baby.

How many chickens do you have I have three. One black Andalusian and 2 grey silkies. They seem to not like eating cinnamon oats. Thoughts? We are in Melbourne, what do you do when it gets hot?

Hi kootkoot I have 3 australorps, 5 silkies, 1 frizzle, 1 sussex, 2 leghorn, 4 araucana, 5 marans chicks, 11 assorted breed ducks inc 3 drakes. Mine will eat just about anything. When its hot mine have trees jn the run and I use a water mister during the hottest part of the day. But generally up to about 35 degrees they cope well. I am hoping to get a few more breeds of chicken but not in large number. I love the variety and the different personalities.

How many chickens do you have I have three. One black Andalusian and 2 grey silkies. They seem to not like eating cinnamon oats. Thoughts? We are in Melbourne, what do you do when it gets hot?
Hottest it has been out here was 48c. I lost one girl to heat but the rest did fine. We have had 4 days this week of 40c and all were well. If it goes over 40c i turn sprinklers on their house to cool the house down.

9F52B4CD-5E86-492B-A441-529FC231DE65.jpeg
Hey hey.
I have lots a babies I’d thought I’d share !

Attachments

• 4B7E95E6-3DA7-4267-A3F7-9C77CD863450.jpeg
    4B7E95E6-3DA7-4267-A3F7-9C77CD863450.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom