Australorp, Maran or mix?

Mal_03

Chirping
Jan 31, 2019
Islamabad, Pakistan.
Hey guys,
I need help figuring out what breed my hen is, I purchased a bunch of blue and black Cochin bantams 6 months ago and amongst them a black chick, mistakenly got mixed up in the bunch.

She was always bigger than the rest and I thought maybe it's a bit older, little did I know she'd grow up to be a completely different breed. I love her, she is friendly, quiet and overall very peaceful but now I am just super confused at what to make of her, I tried to match her with pictures online and descriptions but I just got further confused. I've always kept Cochin bantams or Polish so I'm not familiar with other breeds, also, I doubt the hatchery which mixed them up would remember which other chicks they had last year, 6 months ago.

I really hope you all could tell me what breed she belongs to, pictures are below. :)

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20190204_141708.jpg
IMG_20190204_141725.jpg
IMG_20190204_141652.jpg
IMG_20190204_141817.jpg

I have a hen with a similar silhouette who is a cross between a Spitzhauben and a Cochin. She got her crest from the Spitzhauben, and her feathered legs from the Cochin. So it is possible that a Polish is part of your hen's background, but that the other parent contributed the feathered legs. It will be interesting to see what she lays! Here's a pic of my cross for reference:
20190102_164810.jpg

She doesn't look like any breed I know. If you can get a list of breeds the hatchery was selling at the time you bought the chicks, we may be able to narrow it down. It may be a breed that is simply unfamiliar to us, since you are in Pakistan. It could also be a mixed breed if you bought from a backyard breeder, but since you say you bought from a hatchery, it seems unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom