Australorp x Cream Legbar?

I don't have any EE's, lol. We thought there was only had one Australorp x Legbar, but I guess I have at least two! The one is obvious because she's crested.
Sort of funny you were so sure you only had one colored egg layer. My Legbar lays a light blue, 1 Isbar lays green 1 lays blue, Olive Egger x Legbar lays Olive she has legbar features but darker.

The really funny thing is that I didn't intentionally buy any colored egg layers! I have now, because chicken math is real! They're not old enough to lay yet though, and they're in a different pen. Anyway, the crested one I know is laying the green egg. My guess would be this one because of the white leakage on her ear? I ended up with four "Australorp" pullets from that breeder so there are two other possibilities. I may have to mark vents to know for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_174006483_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180816_174006483_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180818_183916919_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180818_183916919_HDR.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The really funny thing is that I didn't intentionally buy any colored egg layers! I have now, because chicken math is real! They're not old enough to lay yet though, and they're in a different pen. Anyway, the crested one I know is laying the green egg. My guess would be this one because of the white leakage on her ear? I ended up with four "Australorp" pullets from that breeder so there are two other possibilities. I may have to mark vents to know for sure!

Yes, chicken math is real! I'm holding off on hatching out anymore right now, at least until I sell some of these chicks that I hatched out the past couple of months. There are a couple of them that I am liking the coloring on, and might keep those along with any that are naked necks and have the crest. Are you trying to arrange your pens by color of egg that they lay?

Right now they're grouped by age. I have the one pen with our laying hens (where these are), in addition I'll eventually have one large fowl breeding pen, and one bantam breeding pen.

I know the crested one is laying the green egg. We are getting a second colored egg now, from birds that should have ALL laid brown. To me both eggs look green, the new one just has more of a bluish tint to it.

It has to be coming from one of the "Australorps." The other birds have been laying for a while. From her I got two Lavender Orpingtons, they're both laying that pinky Orpington colored egg. Then I have two Barred Rocks from her, they're both laying tan eggs. I also got the four "Australorps," the crested one is laying the green eggs, I'm getting two more tan eggs a day that I thought were coming from the other 3 but I guess one wasn't actually laying yet. They're about 26-28 weeks I think.

Back
Top Bottom