Australorps breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by call ducks, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Age makes a difference!

Both could easily be pullets looking like they to at 5 weeks.

Enjoy them!

2. fowlmouthgirls

fowlmouthgirls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    East of Dallas
    Thank you! And sorry prairiechickens, my auto correct called you prairie hickey!

3. cracrzy4chicks

cracrzy4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Westernville, NY
    Thank you Aveca. I contacted Robert Whitney like you suggested. He & his wife are very nice people. I was looking for a young roo, he didn't have any extras so........................... I bought 8 chicks from him !! [​IMG]

I'm very excited about these chicks, can't wait to see what they grow up to be [​IMG]

4. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    gorgeous birds!!! please keep us posted and lots of pics!!!!!

5. Peneliva

Peneliva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Kentucky
    I have a baby australorp! Her name is Fiona. She was feather sexed when a few days old. The guy is pretty accurate, anything look out of ordinary?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cracrzy4chicks

cracrzy4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Westernville, NY
    Oh, I will. They are about 2-3 wks old. [​IMG]

7. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    really going to look forward to see them grow..truly beautiful australorps..

8. huppfarm

huppfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, been all over the country and have the bad back and numb hands to prove it......................when it hurts to ride, the fun is gone. Not everyone can stay healthy. Ive been there done that and I don't need to prove anything to anybody, just glad Im still alive to talk about it. How many of you have hit a herd of cattle at 55 mph at night and got up and rode away? I did!
    So yeah, lookin for a Jeep I can cruise the desert day or night and enjoy what Im doin.
    Its not if your going to crash your sled, its when........................hadn't had a major wreck on any motorcycle since 1965 until 10 years ago and it finally caught up with me. Time to hang up the saddle boys!

9. huppfarm

huppfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, same here, anything over 6, I don't keep, and that is females also unless Im hard up for laying hens, then I just don't use them for breeding.

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2013
    Gonna get pics and post a few of my Gilbert birds here in a minute! Chet, I have lost a few Good friends to the road down through the years. It Sucks! My Dad started riding in his teens and is now 77 and still rides almost every week!

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by