Australorps breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by call ducks, Mar 27, 2010.

1. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Congrats Ross,
    That is a fine girl, there!
    Kurt

2. RossAussie

RossAussie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    G'day from Australia,

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I had only been out of hospital for 11 days, so the team's choice was fairly rushed, but my wife did 90% of the show fowl preparation. Young Ray Connor is 90 this week so he was thrilled to have contributed to the pullet's Reserve Championship.

With respect to those ribbons, over the years the club here had posted several championship ribbons to Gary Rossman, but I'm told that some of the shows didn't go ahead, so we assume Gary would still have them. If the new club in the USA does eventually get a show going I am sure the Australian club would support the meet with ribbons. All you need to do is let me know and I'll do my best to have it done for you.

Kind regards,

Ross

3. RossAussie

RossAussie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    G'day Kurt,

Thanks so much. She'll do one more show then she will be single mated to a very good cockerel that we have chosen for her. She's very much a "Connor-style" female.
    We did very well in the other Australorps classes as well with both Large and Bantams.

The show was not only the Australian Australorp Titles, but the Langshan Club of Australia's Titles as well. It was a joint show for both clubs.
    Another exciting award we received was Champion Bantam and Reserve Champion Langshan of the Show out of over 430 with our little black bantam Langshan cockerel.
    If I'm allowed I can post a picture of him, but this is an Australorp thread. Just let me know if it is appropriate.

To get two "bridesmaids" (Reserve Championships) in those huge shows was a thrill for us.

Regards,

Ross

4. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Thanks Ross....Ray connor is the best..Tell him write us another book..Ive boughten 3 now..gave 2 to freinds and kept one but everyone trys to borrow it..

congrats on the other wins as well..What a wonderful day!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  5. AParmer

AParmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Graham, Alabama
    I need some help. I'm terrible with math, always have been. I purchased a water soluble powder concentrate of vitamins and electrolytes to give my chicks a little something extra while it's so darn hot. It's Durvet brand. It gives me instructions for making large quantities, and I'm lost. [​IMG] It's a 4 oz. bag. The instructions are as follows.

For drinking water. Dissolve 1/2 package (2 oz.) in 55 gallons or 1 package (4 oz.) in 110 gallons. Always mix fresh solutions daily.

As you can see I cannot mix it all up and store it in a food grade container. I feel like a moron because I can't get this figured out. [​IMG]

6. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Aparmer,
    WTH I can't figure it out either.
    Kurt

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm not great at numbers either but, just keep reducing the dosage & water by 1/2 and keep working down

I believe 1/8 oz. into little more than 2.5 gallons water would be okay for smaller waterers.

You just need to google: measurements - How many teaspoons make 1/8 of an oz. that should o you.

8. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Back from vacation so here are the pics I promised. The Tigercreek crew is 20 weeks old and the Hupp Splash and Blues are 12 weeks old. "Coal" is the first BA and "Mojo" is the second, but nobody wanted to co-operate today, 100 degrees. Chet, both splashes have the light eyes as you can see in last pic of "ICE".
    Kurt[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  9. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    A few more if you are not bored yet![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2013
    It would take .036 of an ounce per gallon of water. If you have a scale that weighs very accurate you can weigh it out and figure how much it takes to weigh the correct amount actually .0363636 of an ounce[​IMG]

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by