Australorps breed Thread

I snapped a couple of pictures of my Hupp Australorps last night. They are really getting to be big!

The Black Rooster in this picture has a better comb and the face is already getting Red. I will probably keep him along with the Blue Cockerel for breeding.

Hi Ron.
Your chickens are beautiful! You must be so happy with them.
big_smile.png

~Dee~

I have two Australorp roosters and what I do is use the roll mateing theory. The older rooster goes with the p
ullets and the young rooster goes with the older hens. This method has been good for me. At the present time the only breed I have are Australorps. P.S. They are also very good layers! Do you know which breed holds the record for most eggs layed in a year?

I have two Australorp roosters and what I do is use the roll mateing theory. The older rooster goes with the p
ullets and the young rooster goes with the older hens. This method has been good for me. At the present time the only breed I have are Australorps. P.S. They are also very good layers! Do you know which breed holds the record for most eggs layed in a year?

I read somewhere that the Leghorn holds the record, with 371 eggs in a year.
idunno.gif
Don't ask how that hen did that. I have no clue.

Ok! Got a Mystery. I am hoping you experienced chicken people can help me figure this out. I noticed one of my BA roos had some matted feathers on him. So I picked him up to examine closer since I wasn't sure what it was. I thought it might be blood but it doesn't really look like it. It is very sticky in nature almost gooey coating on his right side making him almost look wet. Some of his wing feathers also look broke. I am frantically trying to get another coop finished so I can separate the boys from the girls, but my work load with 2 businesses and this heat we have had the last few days is making it tough.

All opinions on what this might be is appreciated! I keep learning the hard way!

Dan

Ok! Got a Mystery. I am hoping you experienced chicken people can help me figure this out. I noticed one of my BA roos had some matted feathers on him. So I picked him up to examine closer since I wasn't sure what it was. I thought it might be blood but it doesn't really look like it. It is very sticky in nature almost gooey coating on his right side making him almost look wet. Some of his wing feathers also look broke. I am frantically trying to get another coop finished so I can separate the boys from the girls, but my work load with 2 businesses and this heat we have had the last few days is making it tough.

All opinions on what this might be is appreciated! I keep learning the hard way!

Dan
that is a bit of a mystery..he might have laid in the guacamole...somehow they find it..have a whole pasture to lay in..they find the only turd out there..or broken egg or something.

i have to tell you .

Back
Top Bottom