Australorps breed Thread

My week and a half old Australorp baby has adopted my tiny day old sebright chicks as her babies. They sleep under her wings like she is a mama chicken.

Quote:
Thanks for your input chicki soup. You seem wise enough to me.
wink.png
Anyone that desires to learn, is willing to admit their mistakes and then works to do better is very wise in my book.
Well, happy day! Bella decided to be a normal hen again so I didn't need to try it. lol I am so thankful that episode is over. She is pigging out again like normal.
woot.gif

Yes, it is true. Orijen wins championship awards for the kibble they make year after year. They really seem to put their heart in it. Great ingredients for all canines but especially helpful when your dogs have special needs. Until I discovered it I was making homemade food as nothing else worked for our doggies. Which really was too labor intensive for me.

All my best,
~Dee~

My week and a half old Australorp baby has adopted my tiny day old sebright chicks as her babies. They sleep under her wings like she is a mama chicken.

That makes me giggle it is so darn cute! I have never seen anything like it. So glad you shared your pic here. ~Dee~

I hadn't seen anything like it either! Darla is such a sweet bird. I was worried about putting such tiny chicks in with my two older ones, she let me know there was no need to worry!

I going to try and get my Silkie to take care of some 4 week old chicks......my Silkie is 13 weeks old. The reason I want to try it is because the little chicks go outside in the coop and run during the day and my Black sex link, Brown sex link and Australorp are all very mean to the younger 2.
It'd be nice if the Silkie could provide some more protection. How can I get my Silkie interested? I'm thinking of putting my Silkie in the brooder at night with the babies.

Back
Top Bottom