Australorps breed Thread

is that a Silver Laced Wyanndotte in the foreground? I just got a few of those to put with my Black Aussies. I also got some Blue Splash Marans.

These are my babies. About 8 weeKS old now. Have them in the house for now because it is over 100 outside. If anyone would like the rooster please let me know. I live in Las Vegas - free, asap. He is a sweet guy but don't want a roo.

I've posted this on the gender/breed forum, but thought someone here might know...5 weeks old and has me confused, but I think it may be a pullet that acts rooish

I have one doing the exact same thing now too. The roo I have that is the same age has an obviously larger comb. so, I'm not sure. I say wait it out, you'll know by 12 wks.

I hear ya... waiting game on it lol. ..This is my first and only black australorp... it was the slowest to feather and is pretty spunky. It's legs are no thicker than my other chicks and it's comb and wattles are no different also... it always stands tall, but will stand at rest like a pullet...confusing little bugger...thanks for your reply:)

I'm planning on getting an Australoop rooster and was wondering if they are aggrestive towards hens or humans?

And if they will protect my girls well?

I think it might be just a bit over the top to expect a cock bird to protect a flock of hens...in fact, most would do well to sound the alarm and get their own butts under cover.

I was reading this morning somewhere on BYC that on a few occasions, both hens and cock-birds had had 'steel' enough to have killed multiple fox. I simply can't credit that happening.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom