Australorps breed Thread

I hope y'all enjoyed the pics. Next years breeding plans are still up in the air as far as who is going with who and whether I am breeding more blues and black with some splashes. I have accomplished good lacing on the majority of my blue pullets and hens.
I have also increased the black markings on my splashes. The biggest challenge is keeping the tail angle down on the cockerels and cock birds along with trying to get the shorter bunny tail on the pullets and hens to look like the original Australian Australorps.
I just keep breeding the best to the best and they have improved year after year and that makes my day.
Kurt

Oh dear - we have crowing
duc.gif

They are only 11 weeks old

Oh well, at least you don't have to wonder who is who anymore :)

Haha - I'm never up early enough to SEE who is doing the crowing, only happens @ 5am (yuck) when we hear someone else's crowing start up
hmm.png

So - I am still unsure which of the 2?3? cockerels have got to that stage!!

Also, one of my pullets (Please - she must be a pullet) face& crown have started to redden up - other two still very pale. Should I be worried she may be a late blooming he or not??

Haha - I'm never up early enough to SEE who is doing the crowing, only happens @ 5am (yuck) when we hear someone else's crowing start up :/
So - I am still unsure which of the 2?3? cockerels have got to that stage!!

Also, one of my pullets (Please - she must be a pullet) face& crown have started to redden up - other two still very pale. Should I be worried she may be a late blooming he or not??

Maybe she is an early bloomer. I had one like that and my first guess was a hen then I started wondering if she was a rooster because of the reddening of her crown. But luckily my first guess was right. I don't know if it help that I asked her to be a hen everyday.Ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom