Automatic coop door specifics

Retired Tom

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
I am looking for a reliable automatic coop door mechanism...hoping to use heavy existing sliding coop door. It needs to be battery powered. I would like the ability to program by both clock timer and /or daylight sensor. I'd prefer to buy American with direct company contact, if possible. Anyone with experience / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I had looked at those. I was "research bound" on doors and openers...but decided to remove existing door and install a pullet shut door...ordered this morning.

I've read good stuff for the pullet shut door. An automated door seemed like a frivolous expense, as they are not cheap, but I so enjoy mine...I find that now days, the internet makes it very easy to over research. Sometimes I just have to make a decision and move on. :idunno

If you decide to replace the existing door, with a automatic pop door, Ador would be worth looking into. According to their website, they are a US company and manufacture in Texas. I have one of their Ador1 models and really like it.
Thanks. I had looked at those. I was "research bound" on doors and openers...but decided to remove existing door and install a pullet shut door...ordered this morning.

Looking for an automatic, programmable door opener/closer that will work on either of these coop doors. The screen one, or the square one. I work 2 hrs from home, hubby has upcoming business trips, and our son is moving out in a month. No one will be home to let them in and out after that. I hate to re-home the birds; they’ve been used to free roaming the yard all their lives, and as there are only 3 of them, their pecking order is well established View attachment 2776142View attachment 2776143
The Pullet Shut door would work great for your coop. It opens exactly like the door that is on the coop. It is easy to install and is dependable.

I have been using the Pullet Shut door since October of 2015 without any issues. You can manually set the opening and closing times throughout the year yourself or use the photo sensor. The doors are made in Texas and if you call the number on their website you can speak directly to one of the owners of the company.

It is however, a complete door and you would not be able to use your existing door.

I am looking for a reliable automatic coop door mechanism...hoping to use heavy existing sliding coop door. It needs to be battery powered. I would like the ability to program by both clock timer and /or daylight sensor. I'd prefer to buy American with direct company contact, if possible. Anyone with experience / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I also have a pullet shut that I have had for many years. I have had it several different locations, and it is still going strong.
I love it, and the company is great to deal with, and very helpful

..hoping to use heavy existing sliding coop door. It needs to be battery powered.
This could be an issue, both the weight and the options for automation.
There are a couple motors that would attach to an existing pop door....
......'Add-A-Motor' is the only one I can think of offhand.

Pics of your sliding door might help here.

If you decide to replace the existing door, with a automatic pop door, Ador would be worth looking into. According to their website, they are a US company and manufacture in Texas. I have one of their Ador1 models and really like it.

I also have a pullet shut that I have had for many years. I have had it several different locations, and it is still going strong.
I love it, and the company is great to deal with, and very helpful
Ordered pullet shut this morning, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom