AUTUMNAL EQUINOX 9/23/2010 set this morning- 34 eggs! anyone with me??

also, congrats on the little marans!
smile.png

here is a picture of the 4 bantams. 3 are blue barred and one is a black barred. The parents are black barred, but they carry the blue gene! They look like little baby penguins!
623_october10th_hatch_004.jpg

They are so adorable!! They do look like little penguins. How long did you leave them in the bator before taking them out? Mine are still drying and official hatch started around 2am. We have 6 out 9 so far.

Congrats on your babies
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

Quote:
How ADORABLE is that? Such cute furry legs!

I guess with a broody doing the work I don't get to watch.
idunno.gif
The last time I candled things looked good, so I'm hopefull! I guess they would be in lockdown now so I am resisting the urge to peek. Flossy has been broody a long time before she even started this clutch so I'm sure she'll be so relieved when they hatch!

They are so adorable!! They do look like little penguins. How long did you leave them in the bator before taking them out? Mine are still drying and official hatch started around 2am. We have 6 out 9 so far.

I keep them in the bator until they are out and uncurl and look like little wet babies, then I take them out and put them in a rubbermade tote that is really warm so that they dont play soccer with the other eggs. Once they are dry and fluffy they move to the brooder with food and water. Good luck! 6 out of 9 is REALLY good! I cant wait to see pictures! I have 3-4 more due tomorrow or thursday and 4 or 5 more due saturday or sunday! I am SO addicted to this!​

Congratulations Dipsy Doodle Doo and stanglover2001 !!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Happy hatching everyone, all is going well this way in NY. 7 BCM's of 9 set during lockdown are out. 1 Black Australorp is out in the other hatch and 4 pips in the other BA eggs. Hoping that my Barnevelders come through too!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

Partridge cochins go on lock down and due on Friday, yay!

Will post pics soon! Post your pics too!

Back
Top Bottom