Avery's Puppy Countdown Thread!

How Many Puppies will be born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If either parent is carring for another color, black is dominate in labs, I believe.
She'll have all yellow since both her and the stud are yellow. I'm just interested in seeing what shades of yellow we get.

What’s your reason for breeding her?
To hopefully get more quality puppies, and to be able to breed her again in a couple years so I can keep one. She has a lot of amazing titled dogs in her background and Cody's line has also been in our family for a long time. Many of his relatives were also master hunters and he's closely related to King Buck.
Nice dark pigment.
Both Cody and his sister do have really nice pigmentation. They're good looking labs.
OFA yet???
Yup.

She'll have all yellow since both her and the stud are yellow. I'm just interested in seeing what shades of yellow we get.
My foundation bitch was yellow, her father was black, only ever bred her to yellow, so only had yellow, same with her daughter.

To hopefully get more quality puppies, and to be able to breed her again in a couple years so I can keep one. She has a lot of amazing titled dogs in her background and Cody's line has also been in our family for a long time. Many of his relatives were also master hunters and he's closely related to King Buck.

Both Cody and his sister do have really nice pigmentation. They're good looking labs.

Yup.
Raised her daughter in a sloping yard, she had excellent hips, as did my Flat Coated Retriever. I called it my magic hill! Best of luck to you. Are you giving her vitamin E and C? Really helps at whelping time.

Yeah. I'm just hopeful she might throw a dark yellow or maybe even fox red.
Do you breed labs as well?
Not anymore, last litter of labs was11. We had a stuck pup and ended up at vets for C, planned to keep a girl, dual championships in both sire and dams for generations, but stuck pup was female, died, and last pup was too small, died. 9 males left!

Raised her daughter in a sloping yard, she had excellent hips, as did my Flat Coated Retriever. I called it my magic hill! Best of luck to you. Are you giving her vitamin E and C? Really helps at whelping time.
Oh that's awesome!
Thank you. I'm not, I just have her on a puppy food. If there's something that you recommend I'll look into it though! We have a surplus of fresh eggs too, I was considering giving her a boiled egg every few days or so. I read those are good for pregnant dogs.

Not anymore, last litter of labs was11. We had a stuck pup and ended up at vets for C, planned to keep a girl, dual championships in both sire and dams for generations, but stuck pup was female, died, and last pup was too small, died. 9 males left!
Last one was a girl, too.

Back
Top Bottom