AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

Does this look familiar?

LacyMorgan

Thank you for that info. I will be sure to stay away from ebay unless someone lists a good seller or PM me with it. I guess Greenfire it is.... Need to wait longer to save up for that though. Thank you

Don't buy
from eBay find me on Facebook Tammy Bartlett Pittman from vilonia Arkansas

I'm actually going to get some from Tammy Bartlett Pittman (lives in vilonia Arkansas) as soon as I know for sure the place I'm moving to allows chickens!
Just throwing this info out there - GFF has East Frisian Gulls and expanding into their own line of Silvers, have imported new line of Ayam Cemani - they have 4 bloodlines now, and have implemented a new order-taking technology program.

The Fresian Gulls are beautiful.

I find it interesting that all the Gull-type birds look like Campine, Braekel, Freisian, Westphalian Totleger, Bassette, and a host of similarly patterned birds. Since most of these breeds are hyper I wonder if any one of these have a calmer gentler non-combative temperament. I love beautiful breeds but after having to re-home some combative types we settled on gentle breeds which coincidentally have pea/walnut or no combs, feathered legs, 5 toes, crests, beards, muffs, tassles, or tufts. Anyone else notice the coincidence that a breed with one or all of these characteristics are the less-combative breeds?

I hadn't seen this thread before, but I breed these guys. Just hatched out three new chicks yesterday. They are a beautiful breed. To those looking to get eggs, be careful, especially with eBay. There is one seller in particular who is definitely selling hybrids but eBay removes negative feedback from their profile thanks to some loophole. I saw that some of you in this thread bought eggs and didn't get real cemanis, so I wanted ti give you a heads up.

I find it interesting that all the Gull-type birds look like Campine, Braekel, Freisian, Westphalian Totleger, Bassette, and a host of similarly patterned birds. Since most of these breeds are hyper I wonder if any one of these have a calmer gentler non-combative temperament. I love beautiful breeds but after having to re-home some combative types we settled on gentle breeds which coincidentally have pea/walnut or no combs, feathered legs, 5 toes, crests, beards, muffs, tassles, or tufts. Anyone else notice the coincidence that a breed with one or all of these characteristics are the less-combative breeds?
You should try Norwegian Jaerhons. They are Gull type birds who though active and good fliers are gentle and can be kept with other gentle breeds. I have raised them for years with EEs and they are less aggressive than the EEs. I have with 2 roosters and 23 hens, EEs and NJs, in one pen and they get along great. They have the added advantage of being auto-sexing and good layers. They are also very small for a large fowl but lay lots of medium to large eggs. I wish more people knew about them as they are my favorite breed.

Pyxis: Do you sell eggs? Chicks?

Eggs occasionally when I can't fit them in my own incubator. Chicks, not yet. The breed is still a work in progress here in the US, and a lot of babies hatch out imperfect. I wouldn't feel right selling imperfect babies to people, since it would overall hurt the breed if people were trying to breed from them. I do sell the imperfect ones as yard candy/layers, but only one per person to keep bad breeding from happening. Unfortunately right now all a lot of people can see about the breed is that it sells for a lot of money, and they don't care if they hurt the breed trying to get a piece of that.

Back
Top Bottom