AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

They to me taste more like grouse than chicken. Lol they have a somewhat more gamey flavor. But other than that it's basically the same! :)

...chicken :p No, really, they're chickens, so they just taste like chicken.

Oh
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
well for the price i hope they taste good

Haha right now my only cemani that is laying is the one hurt one I have inside haha but I have 16 other girls that could really start any time now hahaha but that sounds like a good deal!
smile.png

Maybe your other girls are laying as well. Check for hidden laying nests!

I know this post is old but I bought these hatching eggs from ebay twice now and I have had them all die just days before hatching. Haven't got one single one of them yet and I am so heart Broken. I was wanting them because of their rarity. Its so heart breaking they keep making it so far and die so quickly. I keep loosing only those early in incubation.. If these don't make it I will wait till I have a broody before trying again. Sigh

I know this post is old but I bought these hatching eggs from ebay twice now and I have had them all die just days before hatching. Haven't got one single one of them yet and I am so heart Broken. I was wanting them because of their rarity. Its so heart breaking they keep making it so far and die so quickly. I keep loosing only those early in incubation.. If these don't make it I will wait till I have a broody before trying again. Sigh

Can you tell me what temperature you have been using, and whether your incubator is still air or forced air? And if you calibrated your thermometer to make sure it's correct?

And, more importantly because I think this is likely the issue, what humidity you've been keeping the incubator at for the first 18 days?

If we get this figured out and you'd like to try one more batch of eggs, pm me :) My girls are laying and I'm trying not to incubate again until spring, so I've got eggs available.

Can you tell me what temperature you have been using, and whether your incubator is still air or forced air? And if you calibrated your thermometer to make sure it's correct?

And, more importantly because I think this is likely the issue, what humidity you've been keeping the incubator at for the first 18 days?

If we get this figured out and you'd like to try one more batch of eggs, pm me :) My girls are laying and I'm trying not to incubate again until spring, so I've got eggs available.
My temp had been the same as all my others. Still Air 102 until lock down and I have 2 temomoters in my hatch bator and they read 99 to 100 my humity stays between 63 and 70 I have had no other issues except for these and a friends eggs. All others I have hatched have been perfect. Except now I just checked on one I did have hatching if it lives and it got dried out but I can do nothing because he just started and I can't be sure he won't bleed to death or that his yolk is absorbed. I am trying to get humitidy up to 75 because 70 still seems to be to low. I would get some eggs from you and try but I can't afford them right now. This was my last chance for awhile. But thank you for the offer. I appreciate it.

I sent a reply did it come through

63 to 70 percent for the first 18 days? That's very high, actually. Are you at a high elevation? Did the air cells look good when you were candling them, like they were developing correctly, as this chart shows?

3126282_orig.gif

I'd never have humidity that high, over 60%, until lockdown. I keep it at around 30% for the first 18 days, and then go to 65% for lockdown.

70% is plenty for lockdown, you don't need to go higher. Why do you think the one that you have hatching has dried out? Can you post a picture?

If you do need to do an assist, follow this guide: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

Back
Top Bottom