Baby bird what to do...

Well he is still alive. I'm not quite sure if I am feeding him enough. I fed him a whole worm (cut up) and some bites of wet cat food. He moves around alot today. I think it is because he hears the other babies. And I would put in back in the nest no problem but I can not reach it. It is the corner of a 2 story house.

Baby birds eat a lot. You should be feeding him every half hour to an hour and I typically feed them until they are no longer interested. If they keep eating and eating then just feed until the crop is full. Try to stick more with the cat food if that is all you have, but if you can switch over to hard dog food that would be better. All you have to do is soak some dog food in water in the morning and feed throughout the day. Just keep the container in the fridge and discard any unused food at night and make a new batch in the morning. I had a deli container I would use and I would fill that about half way for one bird and he would eat most of it throughout the day. My birds would usually chirp when they got hungry too and I would wake up early when I heard them start to chirp. Most of the time, I just gauged feeding time by how much the bird chirped, which was usually about every half hour or so.

Sometimes, you can also hang a little basket in a tree with the bird in it and the parents will come to the basket to take care of it. That can help with fallen nests, too. You have to watch, to make sure they are tending to it. I hope you can get it back into it's original nest. That's always best, if you can find it and get it in there.

pop.gif

So today I got my DH to climb up the house to put him in a nest....lol funny sight. I hope this works...He couldn't see the babies to see if they were about the same age. But the baby bird did climb right in the nest.

Back
Top Bottom