Baby Chick around 6 weeks, is very sick! Coccidiosis treatment started but could it be a deficiency?

Pics
They have a red mucus like thing in their droppings every day for the past 6 days. It is not there in every dropping but does show up from time to time ever since Tooki got sick.

I am attaching a pic of the dropping that Tooki released just a minute or two back.

Cant see it clearly it's firm and brown it's good
How many times u give medicine
Do u believe the medicine u started give improvement in their poop?

The medicine u give is the medicine use in USA for coccidia In the name of corid it's only treatable for 1 type of Coccidioides and Sulfadiazine Combined With trimethoprim Is treat all 7 types of Coccidioides

If u see improvement in poop like no blood it will be good sign of recovery
So, the drug that I am giving them won't be very beneficial for them? :(
What do I do? I have already started giving it to them since day before and changing it now makes me very nervous.

Do u notice these symptoms
Outward signs of coccidiosis in chickens include droopiness and listlessness
,loss of appetite, loss of yellow color in shanks, pale combs and wattles, ruffled, unthrifty feathers, huddling or acting chilled, blood or mucus in thefeces, diarrhea, dehydration, and even death.

So, the drug that I am giving them won't be very beneficial for them? :(
What do I do? I have already started giving it to them since day before and changing it now makes me very nervous.

No no.dont get nervous the medicine u giving is right but it's mixed with 3 more salts in it if Sulfadiazine is less it will slower the work only

There are natural route for coccidioides is garlic water
When my one rooster encounter with coccidia his poop was like bright red like fresh blood in it
It's the clear sign of coccidiosis

Blood that appear darker , spotty known as NE (necrotic enteritis)
That's also looks same as Coccidioides both weaken lining of intestines both are fatal

Do must check the poop and notice if blood appear darker or bright
And also notice if blood appear less after giving medicine?

In 24hrs blood has to stop in dropping after Sulfadiazine adminstration

Cant see it clearly it's firm and brown it's good
How many times u give medicine
Do u believe the medicine u started give improvement in their poop?
I think it has improved. But when I picked up their poop just now to clean it looked slightly green.

As, for the symptoms. I went through all these and so was able to discern that they may have Cocci since Tooki showed signs of:
1) Red mucous in her droppings.
2) Was very weak and not moving much.

Other than that she also cannot walk properly and keeps on stumbling. She sleeps most of the time but comes running when I bring food. I don't know if she is feeling cold though I do see Brownie sleep with her body pressed to the cardboard box walls.
Tokki is in a separate place but as far as I know she sleeps like she normally did. SOmetimes, her leg is stretched in an awkward position so I set it properly.

No no.dont get nervous the medicine u giving is right but it's mixed with 3 more salts in it if Sulfadiazine is less it will slower the work only

There are natural route for coccidioides is garlic water
When my one rooster encounter with coccidia his poop was like bright red like fresh blood in it
It's the clear sign of coccidiosis

Blood that appear darker , spotty known as NE (necrotic enteritis)
That's also looks same as Coccidioides both weaken lining of intestines both are fatal
Their poop has never had fresh red blood in it. Only sticky reddish substance as the pic that I showed you.
It hasn't stopped yet but please note that my doctor told me to give them the medicine 2 times a day. Otherwise they drink only normal water throughout the day. Do tell me if I should let them drink only the medicated water during the treatment?

I think it has improved. But when I picked up their poop just now to clean it looked slightly green.

As, for the symptoms. I went through all these and so was able to discern that they may have Cocci since Tooki showed signs of:
1) Red mucous in her droppings.
2) Was very weak and not moving much.

Other than that she also cannot walk properly and keeps on stumbling. She sleeps most of the time but comes running when I bring food. I don't know if she is feeling cold though I do see Brownie sleep with her body pressed to the cardboard box walls.
Tokki is in a separate place but as far as I know she sleeps like she normally did. SOmetimes, her leg is stretched in an awkward position so I set it properly.

Very good if there no.blood they are recovering continue the course for next 5 days
Like u mentioned about tooki did she feel good after drinking medicine?

Why u separate them baby chicks need company they sleep together in cuddling so they will warm each other

Sleeping all the time is cause of so much weakness in the body once u complete the course we will start their vitamins till then give them
Good diet
Give a clove of crushed garlic to both too will boost up their immune
I will tell u everything u need

Their poop has never had fresh red blood in it. Only sticky reddish substance as the pic that I showed you.
It hasn't stopped yet but please note that my doctor told me to give them the medicine 2 times a day. Otherwise they drink only normal water throughout the day. Do tell me if I should let them drink only the medicated water during the treatment?

Some drugs labelled for giving regularly for 5 days e.g Biotrim some mentioned for 2-3 times depends on dosage

I guess they have NE Coccidiosis is often seen to occur just prior to or during a necrotic enteritis outbreak. Inflammation of the gastro intestinal tract or a disruption of the gastro intestinal balance due to an infection often leads to the development of Clostridium perfringens.

Back
Top Bottom