Baby chick can't chirp.

Squeak32821

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2021
Hey everyone! I just recently got 9 little chicks. About 2 of them have had very mild pasty bottom and sadly one has had a difficult time with it. The feed store we bought the poor guy from didn't treat it very well. While its little bottom is healing now that its home it can't seem to chirp. It trys and trys and the most it gets out is a little caugh almost usually it sounds like a little clicking noise. I'm rather worried about this particular chick because it had the worst pasty bottom and is rather weak compared to the other chicks. If anyone has any idea why this would be or any tips on regaining the little guys strength i would love to hear!!

It's probably got respiratory issues. It may be sick or suffering from underdeveloped organs. Heart and lungs may not be providing adequate oxygen. It's digestive system may be immature and not supplying enough calories to keep it warm if you see it hogging the heat.

Treatment would be Poultry Nutri-drench for energy and nutrition, extra feedings of minced boiled egg or tofu.

It's probably got respiratory issues. It may be sick or suffering from underdeveloped organs. Heart and lungs may not be providing adequate oxygen. It's digestive system may be immature and not supplying enough calories to keep it warm if you see it hogging the heat.

Treatment would be Poultry Nutri-drench for energy and nutrition, extra feedings of minced boiled egg or tofu.
Thank you! This helps alot ill head to the feed store and look around. Would I just add the boiled eggs to their feed or have it separate?

Separate. Chicks won't eat big chunks so mince the boiled egg finely. Crumble the tofu and sprinkle Nutri-drench on it. A little sugar in the water will elevate the glucose and give the chick a boost, as well an incentive to drink more.

Separate. Chicks won't eat big chunks so mince the boiled egg finely. Crumble the tofu and sprinkle Nutri-drench on it. A little sugar in the water will elevate the glucose and give the chick a boost, as well an incentive to drink more.
Oh ok, thank you tons! I really hope this chick gets better.

Back
Top Bottom