Baby chick cries a lot

Sasaran mihai

Chirping
Jun 8, 2023
So today one of my most litlle chickens (she is 4 weeks old) cries a lot when im not around Even its with her brothers and sister it has special food for them clean water an when she is with she is very calm ima show u a pic i need an answer Why is that (in the photo shes under my tshirt kind if how a mama gen state with her baby)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 80
She has imprinted on you, which is like a bird getting an unnatural attachment to you. It isn't ideal for birds, but especially chickens since it can cause them to be aggressive with humans later on.

I would leave her with her siblings and hold her less. She should stop crying in a day or so. I'm sorry if the cheaping is hard to hear, but just trust that this is what is the best for her, and you all, too.

She has imprinted on you, which is like a bird getting an unnatural attachment to you. It isn't ideal for birds, but especially chickens since it can cause them to be aggressive with humans later on.

I would leave her with her siblings and hold her less. She should stop crying in a day or so. I'm sorry if the cheaping is hard to hear, but just trust that this is what is the best for her, and you all, too.
No i dont hold her on a daily baysis you got it wrong she cries like this since i Got her but she Never cried like this So i did What i thought was good Even when shes with her siblings she cries

So, as long as the chick is healthy with its basic needs met there is no other reason why it would be crying to the point where it seems abnormal. I'm not trying to tell you that you did something wrong, imprinting is weird at best, but it sounds like that is what has happened.

Does she have any physical symptoms or a potential illness? She could be cold or hungry? That is the only other reason you will hear a chick excessively cheeping.

So, as long as the chick is healthy with its basic needs met there is no other reason why it would be crying to the point where it seems abnormal. I'm not trying to tell you that you did something wrong, imprinting is weird at best, but it sounds like that is what has happened.

Does she have any physical symptoms or a potential illness? She could be cold or hungry? That is the only other reason you will hear a chick excessively cheeping.
Yh she was cold

Coccidiosis is when their systems get overrun with coccidia protazoas before they are able to build up a tolerance to their normal presence in their digestive systems. Symptoms include bloody stool, lethargy, and looking cold and fluffed up.

Corid is the medicine that treats it. They sell it at every feed store I have ever encountered, since it is pretty common. Let me know if you want or need info on dosage.

Coccidiosis is when their systems get overrun with coccida protazoas before they are able to build up a tolerance to their normal presence in their digestive systems. Symptoms include bloody stool, lethargy, and looking cold and fluffed up.

Corid is the medicine that treats it. They sell it at every feed store I have ever encountered, since it is pretty common. Let me know if you want or need info on dosage.
Uhh i mean After i hold her on my t-shirt i had blood strains (there were no cuts on me and the t-Shirt was clean) she looks cold and fluffed up ima need the dosage

Here is the info.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/

I would call your feed store to see if they have it. Tractor supply also carries it, in case there is one near you (are you in the US?).

I would put the corid in the waterer in the brooder so they all get it. Offer that as the only water. You can give them a vitamin boost supplement of some kind after you are done with the corid, but not during, it renders it ineffective.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom