baby chick in trouble

She is right beside them so she can hear them but not see them. They are so big compared to her and she cannot get out of the way. She spends most of her time snuggled under the MHP. If she starts to move better maybe Ill take the smallest (buff rock) and put them together but Im also worried she is sick and may be contagious. If she is Im sure that ship has sailed anyway.

My chicks are 4 weeks old and have runny poops they are eating too much and sometimes sit down and close thier eyes and become inactive thier poops are brownish and white
I need help

She is right beside them so she can hear them but not see them. They are so big compared to her and she cannot get out of the way. She spends most of her time snuggled under the MHP. If she starts to move better maybe Ill take the smallest (buff rock) and put them together but Im also worried she is sick and may be contagious. If she is Im sure that ship has sailed anyway.
Hearing them might help....usually a single chick cheep for flockmates.
But she maybe too sick to 'care'.
I don't think her ailment is contagious, think it's developmental or genetic.

I am reluctant to post this because I cannot stand to listen to the way Im talking but its for the benefit of the chick so Ill deal with the embarrassment. UGH! why am I babbling in this video. Anyway, I gave her a little more nutridrench. She seems a bit better. Not rolling around. She ate several times today and with a bit of, dare I say, gusto. She seems a little more vibrant than she was. She is a long, long, long way from better but I'll take the improvement for now and hope to see more improvement. But I am very cautious and not getting my hopes up. There is definitely something very wrong.

0.jpg

Great vid!
Yeah, a little baby talk but that's ok....sick animal anxiety.
Got a sick dog right now and my baby talk has increased with my anxiety.

Definitely better balance and control with less wing usage.
Was going ask if she was pooping...that's good too.
Just keep doing what you're doing...and cross your fingers!

He/she doesn't appear to have moved since I got home. Still breathing though. I tried to buy more medicated feed tonight just to find out it is no longer available without a prescription. Are you going to take yours to the vet?

He/she doesn't appear to have moved since I got home. Still breathing though. I tried to buy more medicated feed tonight just to find out it is no longer available without a prescription. Are you going to take yours to the vet?
Welcome to BYC...sorry you are having troubles.
First read thru this whole thread to see what merrymouse has done to help her sick chick.

Then start a new thread giving the details of your situation by clicking the link here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10

Back
Top Bottom