Baby Chicken stayed a bit in rain yesterday and is sick since then.Please help

viktor2005

Hatching
May 28, 2023
Hello!As the title says My 1 week old chicken stayed for like 5 minutes in rain but got really sick,the other 7 managed to get to safety and are ok!!He barely eats or drinks.I fed him some boiled eggs with cheese and gave him water as that's what a lot of people tell me they can eat when they are sick.He had his eyes closed all day opening them for like 2 seconds for like 5 times.Yesterday he had runy poop but now it has shape but it's still soft.He had like a shock 5 hours ago he started peeping and fell on the ground that's when I thought he was going to die but he didn't and I wanna do everything I can to fix him

I forgot to attach 2 pictures with him.They may help

Attachments

• 42e8a84c-a416-4aeb-9fa8-48189c5c8689.jpg
    42e8a84c-a416-4aeb-9fa8-48189c5c8689.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 7
  • a36af9f1-aad2-4ef8-86af-17647235b8da.jpg
    a36af9f1-aad2-4ef8-86af-17647235b8da.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 8
Your chick was likely badly chilled when left out in the rain. Wetness will suck all the body heat from a chick, lowering the body temp dangerously. It's called hypothermia and it may already be too late and your chick probably will die.

You can try doing what you should have done immediately when you found the wet chick. Take a warm hair dryer and dry the chick, paying special attention to warming the belly and under the wings.

Next, give the chick warm sugar water to drink. If it's too weak to drink, try holding the chick while placing a drop of sugar water at a time on the side of its beak so it can suck in the drop. Keep doing this until you get at least a teaspoon of water into the chick.

Then place the chick under a heat lamp or under a heating pad.

Back
Top Bottom