Baby Chicks Insides Are Falling Out!!!!

I noticed that you have not answered most questions put to you. it makes it impossible to help you when you don't do that/...

You did help them out of their shells,, didn't you?? that is a common mistake with new hatchers.. now you learned why you do not "help".... remember the lesson learned..

and a "couple of hours" is not long enough to wait before "helping"...
wrong advice..

maybe it works for whoever said it, but do not do it that way..

"helped" chicks often die or are weak.... I know I know some do make it.. I am talking about the majority , not the occasional,,

It's Hard, I understand.

Dont beat yourself up .... Please!

We love you! and We will all learn!
I just started for the first time ever, to hatch some eggs.
I'm worring like crazy.

I personally don't have any experience hatching eggs yet (my new Brinsea just arrived this morning!), but - if you didn't help them out, premature hatching and bloody navels/exposed abdominal organs can also be caused by a too high temperature (according to the instruction pamphlets in the box with my incubator that I've been pouring over all day).

What was your temp like during incubation? How many days after setting them did they take to hatch? Maybe your thermometer's bad?
Just putting some ideas out there.
hu.gif

Salva, when you help a chick out after 2 hours of pipping the egg, you are actually signing its death warrant. A baby chick takes up to 24 hours to hatch after pipping. In this 12 to 24 hour period, the yoke and all suck up into the babies stomache. When you force the baby to be hatched before its time and you pull the baby from the shell, the intestines will pull out with the yoke. This is due to the yoke being absorded into the stomache.

If this is your first incubation, you learned a very hard lesson. Hopefully you do not make the same mistake twice.

As for the one you wrapped with guaze, do not hold your breath. If he does not start eating and drinking right away, he will die. The yoke that you took away feeds the chick for 3 to 4 days.

Good luck and I am curious to see pictures. Go to the top of the page and click on uploads, then browse. After loading, copy and paste the url under the picture.

Back
Top Bottom