Baby chicks won’t stop chirping

Gagatheawesomechivkenlove

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2020
Hey guys. So this is my first time raising baby chicks and I’ve got three little babies. Two of them are totally fine, but one of them (a 3 week old buff Orpington) won’t stop chirping. I’ve done everything I possibly could. I changed their water and food, their temperature is fine, but she won’t stop chirping until I take her out of the coop. Once she’s in my arms she stops chirping. This is really unusual to me, and I’m worried about her. Can someone please help me?

Hey guys. So this is my first time raising baby chicks and I’ve got three little babies. Two of them are totally fine, but one of them (a 3 week old buff Orpington) won’t stop chirping. I’ve done everything I possibly could. I changed their water and food, their temperature is fine, but she won’t stop chirping until I take her out of the coop. Once she’s in my arms she stops chirping. This is really unusual to me, and I’m worried about her. Can someone please help me?
I want you as my mommy.

You da momma. Kidding, but it is a baby and it sees you as a source of comfort and a surrogate parent.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop her from chirping without me having to hold her. She sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night just so she gets attention and she won’t let the other two go to sleep

I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for my ducklings; you can try putting a stuffed animal in their enclosure that is of similar size or bigger. I bought specific baby stuffed animals and they tend to wash up easier and some are waterproofed for easy wipe-up if pooped on.

I had the same issue with a Black Australorp chick. Finally had to give it some tough love and just let it cry one night (after making sure that everything was okay). Eventually she figured it out and went under the heating pad with the other chicks. It's like bringing home a new puppy. Takes them a while to get used to a new home.

I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for my ducklings; you can try putting a stuffed animal in their enclosure that is of similar size or bigger. I bought specific baby stuffed animals and they tend to wash up easier and some are waterproofed for easy wipe-up if pooped on.
Thank you. Will try that

I had the same issue with a Black Australorp chick. Finally had to give it some tough love and just let it cry one night (after making sure that everything was okay). Eventually she figured it out and went under the heating pad with the other chicks. It's like bringing home a new puppy. Takes them a while to get used to a new home.
Thank you. I’ll try that

Back
Top Bottom