Baby finally pipped... *Update* 25 hours later w/ pic.

Webbigail

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Bay Area, CA.
Help please? It's my first hatch so I'm worried something is gonna go wrong.
sad.png

Last edited:
does it look like it's moving at all? Mine took over 24 hours after it pipped. As long as you can see it moving or hear it, it's just taking it's time.

Chicks pip on day 19...it takes alot of energy and 2 more days to get out of that shell.

Patience. 24 hours or longer from the time a chick pips the egg til it will zip (hatch) out. They rest and finish absorbing the yolk sac.

Just give it time. My last hatch last week the first on to pip was the last one to hatch. I did not open the bator. I thought it might be dead cause I couldn't see anytning but had to leave the house for a bout four hours and when I got back it was hathced. Took that chick way over 24 hours

I had 3 pip this morning too, no progress since, they are cherpin so are alive. Don't worry, forget about it for several hours and check back again later
smile.png
my 3 are two days early, so I don't expect them to to arrive any time fast, the other 25 nothing has happened, early bloomers, watch for late ones too.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Mine's 3 days over due so I'm like freaking out a little... like pacing back and forth in front of the bator.

This is as far as he's gotten 25 hours after he first pipped. He's still moving around. I just wanna make sure this is normal.
beez6a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom