BAD day anyone?

This morning I feel emotionally drained and physically exhausted. I would just like to get in the pickup and disappear foe few days.

Early in March, we ordered a new suv and were given 7th May as a firm delivery date. My wife called a few days before 7th and was told that it as delayed until the end of May but not later. She called again near that date and was told that there was another delay. I persuaded her to speak to the dealership manager and he promised that the suv would be delivered to the dealership on15th this month. Yesterday morning, she was called by the manager to say it would not be delivered that day. My wife, I found out, was in tears at that news because she knew that I was at the end of my tether with this nonsense. She asked the manager to call me at home.

I had two long conversations with the guy. He told me that the car is ready for delivery but stuck in the middle of 5,000 others in a storage facility. He blamed the manufacturer and his employees, anyone but himself. He called the manufacturer asking for delivery within five days and they asked him to write a letter about the problem. He kept asking me to give him one more chance and I answered each time that I could see no reason to do that and wanted the Presidents' contact details for my lawyer.

I don't mind waiting for the suv. There's no hurry. However, the lies and BS aren't acceptable and the pleasure attached to buying a new car has been eroded. I'm in a cleft stick and feel frustrated and worn down. If I cancel the order and go to another dealer I'll probably get several more months of this and the price may have increased too. If I let this dealer get away with the lies I could wait months more.

My wife is more keen than I am to buy this thing so I have told her that I've lost interest and she can buy it with her own money. So, she will be at the restaurant today as miserable as sin and I'm at home trying to figure out how I can get some control over this.

A few days on the beach is looking more and more attractive as the minutes pass!
NOT "really IMPORTANT".

There are more important personal things to be concerned about.

( Although.... I recall once telling a car salesman ( with whom I was negotiating for a new 4x4 pickup ) that he had 2 minutes to return my pickup keys OR I was gonna "WHUP his ____"

I did get my keys back QUICKLY.

I bought a new pickup elsewhere ....the next day. No big deal.

There are more important things to be concerned about.

just a thought.

THE "BEACH", however is a GOOD IDEA...anyway.
cool.png
wink.png

THE Curmudgeon

Thanks, Curmudgeon. Perhaps I'm lucky not to have more important things to worry about.

I would have solved this if I could buy another suv tomorrow but I can't. Production here hasn't yet recovered from last year's floods. Toyota and others are up to a year behind with orders and manufacturers who weren't directly affected are inundated with orders. I think what has worn me down is the constant flow of lies, leaving me not knowing when I will get the suv and powerless to find an alternative solution that wouldn't cost even more time and aggravation.

Thanks, Curmudgeon. Perhaps I'm lucky not to have more important things to worry about.

I would have solved this if I could buy another suv tomorrow but I can't. Production here hasn't yet recovered from last year's floods. Toyota and others are up to a year behind with orders and manufacturers who weren't directly affected are inundated with orders. I think what has worn me down is the constant flow of lies, leaving me not knowing when I will get the suv and powerless to find an alternative solution that wouldn't cost even more time and aggravation.
Understood,

Go to the BEACH !
yesss.gif

HAVE FUN !!!
( Life is short. )
wink.png

THE Curmudgeon
smile.png

Sounds painful! Should you get that fixed before you get an infection?

When I was a kid, braces were rare and we had many kids with goofy teeth. Some of them joined the Bee Gees! Nowadays they seem to be a fashion statement.

It's ok, I covered up the wires with wax, so that should keep my gums from being cut open. My teeh aren't even that bad, but I have a few crooked ones and an overbite. They make everyone get them these days. :/

It's ok, I covered up the wires with wax, so that should keep my gums from being cut open. My teeh aren't even that bad, but I have a few crooked ones and an overbite. They make everyone get them these days.
hmm.png
Ahh, yes. Beeswax is your friend with braces. I had 'em when I was a teenager, back in the dark ages. They still had bands that went around your teeth then - I believe they glue the brackets directly to the teeth now, don't they? I had a friend that had them at the same time as I did, and she really went through it. She could get cut by hers so easily; I don't know how many times I told her, "Chu, you're bleeding," and she didn't even know it. She could also fire rubber bands across the room when she yawned!
gig.gif

Ahh, yes. Beeswax is your friend with braces. I had 'em when I was a teenager, back in the dark ages. They still had bands that went around your teeth then - I believe they glue the brackets directly to the teeth now, don't they? I had a friend that had them at the same time as I did, and she really went through it. She could get cut by hers so easily; I don't know how many times I told her, "Chu, you're bleeding," and she didn't even know it. She could also fire rubber bands across the room when she yawned!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom