Bad Egg?

cnnrklly

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 6, 2015
Hello, first time post on BYC although I have been a follower for the last year or so since we started keeping chickens.

I am currently in the process of my first attempt a incubating eggs. I ordered the eggs off of ebay. Silver Laced Wyandottes. There are 16 eggs in the incubator right now on day 6.

I opened the incubator today to check out the eggs. 1 of the eggs has a yellowish hardened liquid on the lower third of the shell. The hardened liquid resembles dried yolk. There is no smell from the egg.

Do I toss the egg? I don't want to compromise my other eggs.

Thank you!

Hello-

If the egg is seeping, then yes, get rid of it so that bacteria won't breed and spread troughout your incubator. Welcome and good luck with your hatching!

Sharon

Cracked the egg open outside. Looks as if it was scrambled on the inside. Probably got shook up in shipping.

Cracked the egg open outside. Looks as if it was scrambled on the inside. Probably got shook up in shipping.
I had one that started to pop open in the bator, Luckily it had a very tough membrane and didn't blow. I got it out and got it opened, and it had no developement, no blood ring, but it looked like a scrambled egg before cooking. I'm assuming it was the effects of the bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom