bad neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like my ice head neighbors. I also don't like their loud and obnoxious pitbulls who get out at every chance. I still do not call animal control on them. I have my own loud and obnoxious goats, ducks and chickens. My goats get out every chance. Have the dogs woke me up? Yes. Have my animals woke anyone up? I highly doubt it as my backyard is not close to anyone's bedroom.

I try to live and let live because frankly feuding is not fun or pleasant.

your at fault partly because your a criminal,, that she has to live next to. why should she care if someone breaking the law is bothered by her dog? do you care if people in jail have cable? are fed better then most people?,, your breaking the law, and your complaining that your neighbor is doing the same thing,, and your mad cause to complain about her, to make her follow the law,,,, you have to
hmm.png

ya think if a prisoner steals another prisoners magazine, the 1 having his "rights" bothered has any place to complain?

This is a potentially volatile situation, to be sure. My neighbors, who are at the base of the big hill I live on, can be noisy. They are nice people who would be there to help, and have, in the past, when we had a problem. We would do the same for them. Hopefully, some of the sound from my roosters passes over the top of their house (sounds floats upward toward mine). They have jeeps, ATVs, loud music on occasion, a dog who barks and has come up onto my property to my fence line, though my roosters warned us of it. These roads are private roads around my property and my house is close to one of them, a power line easement road. They have teens and adults in the family, who, on every holiday, whiz around and around these roads, just entertaining themselves. And there's loud music on occasion, too. They also, unlike us, have a huge green grass lawn of several acres that they cut with a very loud tractor every week. Some of the noise, like cutting the lawn, I dont like, but they have to cut the grass. Some, like kids driving aimlessly around and around on every holiday, is quite irritating. To their credit, they usually stay off the road that runs closest to my house.

As long as they keep the dog off my property and inside at night, I will not complain about all the noise they make. My roosters often crow from noise and lights down the hill, so they are triggering crowing sometimes at 2 a.m. but as long as they dont complain about my roosters, I wont complain about their noise. And yes, I'd love to have a quiet holiday sometimes, believe me. Fortunately, I do not have zoning here or a noise ordinance out in the county so I am pretty much unrestricted in what I do here.
Both of us have a right to the enjoyment of our property and hopefully, they dont complain about us too much.

I am basically just pointing out that there are many things MUCH worse than a barking dog as far as neighbor problems go. I wish I only had a barking dog as the source of the problems with my own neighbor.
When you have the cops showing up at your door and child services for pure lies, and people calling your children horrible names to their faces, then you have problems and a TERRIBLE neighbor.

A barking dog is a nuisance but not a threat to your saftey or anything. It could be much worse!

Here is my suggestion to you;
You mentioned that the dog is barking right outside your bedroom window? Is it outside or in her house?

If it's outside, I would complain ONLY after I got rid of my Roo. You cannot call animal control for a problem if you are not in compliance with the law yourself.
If the dog is inside and barking I would ask her to please move the dog to a room in the house that isn't near your bedroom. At least it should muffle the sound some.
But keep in the mind that all you can do is ask if the dog is inside when barking. Here in Rhode Island, animal control can do nothing for a dog barking inside the house, only if it's outside.

I would normally agree with you, however, ive lost sleep overthis.

i have trouble sleepinanyway, and I cant go back to sleep once iwake up that early.

so it is really bothering me.

im calling animal control monday.

Quote:

As someone who has lived many years in the country and many years in the middle of a big city where there are lots of neighbors all around doing things you may not like, I have come to this conclusion -- that there is no way to "escape" away from civilization or other people. I realize that many people move to rural areas to get away from other people, kids, or animals, etc. but the truth is that there ARE other people in the world, and we all need to develop some tolerance for that. It makes me cringe when people have the attitude that "I should be able to do whatever I want on my property and no one else better tell me what to do" -- even when it is clearly disturbing to the community. Let's have some consideration and civility here!

There are lots of gray areas with this, and I realize many folks will argue with me, but I think we need to have much more tolerance of each other, including our neighbors, and compassion for each other. This doesn't mean you have to live with a constantly barking dog next door, or a constantly crowing rooster next door, but it does mean having some consideration, and finding ways to find solutions to the problem in a polite, civil way. I like Miss Prissy's plan to flood the neighbors with delicious food. Be "neighborly", we all have to live on this planet together. OK i'm getting down off my soapbox now.

the difference you see, is that I am willing to come within the compliance to be a good neighbor.

she is not.

she = bad, inconsiderate neighbor
me = guy with a roo, that didnt realize it bothered the neighbor.

i am not a mind reader.

Quote:

Quote:
Please calm down. No one is here to dogpile you.
We are only pointing out that you are not without fault in this situation, especially if it's illegal for you to have the rooster in the first place.

Perhaps there is more to this than you are letting on, but to me, having a neighbor with a barking dog that you have complained about twice doesn't make that neighbor a "TERRIBLE bad neighbor". Inconsiderate? Sure. I think you're being harsh and not such a great neighbor yourself.
If you have this much of a problem with her and know that she won't be moving then maybe you should.

Every logic is flawed depending on how you look at it. If roosters are illegal in your area then be thankful that she didn't complain and force you to get rid of it. She may know you are irritated by the dog, but have you ever thought that maybe she CAN'T do anything about it? I mean really, what can you do to keep a dog from barking? Discipline and training yes, but when it is outside on it's own turf then there is nothing you really can do. Is she doing it on purpose to annoy you? I doubt it... If she doesn't have the time to do anything about it, then maybe she has her own problems and you complaing about the dog isn't making her life any better. IMO, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed... It's just a dog. And she probably said something about the rooster just to get back at you. Let it go, it's nothing to get the authorities tied into.

It is outside, our bedroom is near the fence that is between her and our property.

its depriving me of sleep, seriousy, i work odd hours,and wife works nights, sleep is a commodity to me.

Quote:

Maybe your roo really doesn't bother her all that much. Maybe she spoke out of anger this morning. Maybe a you both can let cooler heads prevail and talk again before Monday and come to a compromise.
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom