Bank fraud warning-check your accounts!

I no longer have any credit cards, other than gas/fuel cards.

I do have debit cards for my accounts- but if they seen my balance..... the robbers would make a deposit not a withdraw! They can't take what you don't have.

its very scarey out there. a few years back while at regular shopping at the famous "tjmaxx" they do got a hold of everyone that ever used their credit card there, well, they had everyones numbers.
it was found out and everyone had to get new cards. thousands were compromised!

another time, i went to my feed store to pay for chicken feed, and my debit card was denied! i was like "no i have enough money"
i went out to my car, made a phone call.
my bank told me they saw suspisious activity, muliti charges to target. "the charges were from me. It was around christmas time, and i had done shopping.
but to my bank,,, they put it on alert.
I got the alert lifted and was able to use my card again. kinda embarrsed, i think about it when i go to the feed store.
hmm.png

anyways atleast someones looking out for us.
i praise our bank!
smile.png

p.s. i also check our bank account every single day!

Last edited:
My husband is very picky about protecting his bank privacy but someone almost got away with taking $15,000 a couple of years ago. They tried to send two payments through over the weekend. His bank caught it and blocked the charges until they could contact him. Funny thing is - it appears the guy who was trying to get the money was legit - he sold something to someone that had hacked into my husbands account. He was POed.

Now my husbands account has all kinds of alert and fraud features - nothing more than $100 goes through without him getting an instant e-mail.

This crap happens all the time, so I check my bank account constantly. Of course there is nothing in my bank account...

I use a credit card for all online transactions. It is also paid off on a bi weekly basis. You need to check on them every couple of days to ensure that something doesn't slip through.

When we switched our accounts to the new bank (see earlier post on 1st page) we were advised to run our debit card as a "credit" transaction. They told us it is easier to dispute a "charge" than a debit transaction because if they have your pin number (for debit) you are not able to prove who used the card. Most charge transaction at least require a signature if they are over $20-25. We have been using our debit cards as "credit" cards ever since!

Back
Top Bottom