Bantam Silky Trade??? Mid-TN

Dawn419

Lost in the Woods
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Evening Shade, AR
Hi All!

I have two, Blue Bantam Silky hens who will be 34 weeks old on 1/07/08. I raised them up from day-olds from McMurray Hatchery, where they were vacinated for Cocci and Marek's.

They have been laying since early October, that is, when the Blue Twins actually lay.
roll.png
I have spent most of that time "breaking their broody" because I don't want them hatching any eggs over the winter.

I would love to trade them for two non-broody Silkies, colors not really an issue (our small flock of Silkies is Blue/Black/Splash).

Click on pic for enlargement:

I am willing to meet half-way, as far as travel goes. At this time, the only good day for us to travel is on Sundays (Skip works 6 days a week and usually has the truck due to crazy TN weather).

If interested in trading, either leave a reply here, PM or e-mail me with "Silky Trade" as the subject.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Thanks for looking!

Dawn & Skip

I am no pro at this, but from my understanding, all silkies have the potential to be broody. I don't think trading for two other silkies will really help your situation. I know some are probably not as broody as others, they do each have their own personalities. But I think most silkies tend to be pretty broody. I would take them if you were a bit closer. I am in North MS. But the silkies I have, which are laying, may end up being just as broody. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Marie

Hi Marie!

I knew when I ordered the Silkies that they had major broody tendencies, the Blue
Twins exceeded my expectations though.
th.gif

Our other Silky girl has been our only steady layer, out of the 3 and hasn't shown any signs of going broody...yet.
fl.gif
Here's hoping she doesn't.
gig.gif
I'm in the process of collecting up a few of her eggs to put in the bator with some SSH eggs that will be arriving this week. I love using the Silky eggs in baking, that's why I'm so aggravated over the "broody twins"...I want EGGS!!!
gig.gif

Dawn

I love the eggs too. I have two silkies and two faverolles laying right now and I have really enjoyed the fresh eggs. Mine are 9 mo. old and just started to lay (the silkies) the faverolles were laying at like 5 mo. The faverolles lay nearly every day and the silkes are hitting about 3-5 days a week so far. Usually 4 days, which is still pretty good for first time layers I think. I have three more blue girls that should be laying soon. I can't wait. I plan to let them incubate also since my incubation results have not been great. Anyway, good luck in your efforts, hope your girls get off their duff and start laying for you, or you can find someone to trade with. Take care.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom