Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

OMGosh!!!!!! I got a Barnevelder egg today! It was still warm when I picked it up....and wouldn't you know it she had to lay it out in the muck.
lol.png
Don't know who did it....but thank you, thank you, thank you!
bow.gif
I'm so not worthy. LOL!

wee.gif
Congrats!!!!!

Thanks Rachael!

Willow~ Hope you get an egg soon!
fl.gif

Somebody needs to hold me back....."Temptation" (the name of a bird that resides here) to also dabble in Silver Laced Barnies is stalking me and calling my name!!!! I need restraints!!!!!!
The blue laced project is already enough right?
After all......I did just recently downsize from approx. 150 large fowl to 30...(with a few chicks from my Marans in the brooder, but they don't count yet, LOL!) and I have 2 completely empty coops.......aaaanddd I am going to tear one down and rebuild something a little BIGGER...so what's the harm right?
lol.png
Talk me down man...TALK ME DOWN!!!
lau.gif

I recently accquirred and Splash/Blue Laced Red Wyandotte rooster (I love splash wy's....sooooo pretty!).
love.gif
I got him to try over some of my Barnevelder girls for my Blue Laced Barnie project and also needed him fresh blood for that project so it was a win win.

Along with him comes a Silver Laced Wy rooster that is begging me to put 2 girls in with and see what happens with the silver crossings.

Just starting out dabbling in the Silver Birchen Marans as well so it should be fun to see what can be created. Long road getting to silver I know, but should be fun! Maybe

I-I could toss some "blue" in there somewhere too...........OH..YUMMY!!!! I could live with eventually seeing something blue and silver and laced running around out there.
droolin.gif

I need a blue Wyandotte hen too...I would just be nice to already have these varieties here ..............................
lol.png
lau.gif

Last edited:
She wasn't to enthused with me being in her yard the other day, but don't let the look fool ya, she really is a sweetie. This is the one and only pullet that survived out of the few last eggs I hatched from the flock.

Here's Stoo.....

Stoo is looking really nice! And such a pretty pullet!

I can't wait for mine to start up again, so I can hatch some more pullets for myself. (wellies too, sheesh, a bunch of slackers this year)

Stoo is looking really nice! And such a pretty pullet!

I can't wait for mine to start up again, so I can hatch some more pullets for myself. (wellies too, sheesh, a bunch of slackers this year)

Thank you Kelly and I can't wait for your Wellies to start laying for you too!
big_smile.png
fl.gif

Here's a quick photo of Uggzie boy a couple days ago........when these birds (and just like the Welsummers that I love) are out glistening in the sun with their glorious selves.....I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM!!!!!!
love.gif

One of the girls........

This is my new Splash BLR Wy cockerel that I am going to cross over my 2 youngest pullets. His lacing on his wing is a little messy but his body type I can't ignore, its is so close to the Barnies, I can't not try him out and see what he creates with the girls.

His leg color is also FANTASTIC!!!!!! One of my Barnie pullets also has leg color like this.

Last edited:
Does Anyone Have a Decent - Show Quality Barnvelder Roo To Spare ???

Please PM Me Willing to pay good Price for a good Roo
thumbsup.gif

Have a Beautiful Hen who is of very nice quality & Really want a rooster to go with her.

Our Intentions are Exhibition & Preservation
wink.png

Thank You,
For your Time

Hi,
I am going to a show in 2 weeks and I am using one of Barevelders for showmanship and another for Conformation. I was wondering if either were show quality. Even though I will be showing them either way. Thanks for any input. :)

Thanks.

This is Milly:

This is Alice:

Back
Top Bottom