Barred Rock Cockerel, Zane...Updates

Oh Cyn., I'm sorry. I'm sure that was disheartening. We will just look at it like trying to recover from a surgery point of view. He's been poked and prodded on for the last few days and yesterdays deal was pretty major it sounds like, so he is more than likely just really sore. Maybe some pain reliever and a bit of music might do him some good today. Hang in there! That boy has got to recover soon!
hugs.gif

We saw that his entire leg was very swollen whereas it hadn't been before, so we removed the bandage and put him in his sling. He's crowing right now, wanted to dance for Charlotte, who was looking on and very concerned when we were looking at his leg after removing the bandage. The wound looks fine, though. Started him on another round of Pen G rather than change meds, just in case there was a smidge of infection somewhere in there. He also has aspirin in his water right now in case he's in alot of pain. I agree, Jean, he just wanted a break, poor baby. We wont be doing anymore with his leg unless it appears the joint is filling with fluid. Hopefully, with the second round of antibiotics and some aspirin, the swelling will go down and he'll feel better.

Last edited:
Now that I have my flock as straight as I'm going to get it today, I wanted to check in on Zane. How is that boy today?!?! Did he seem more willing to come out this morning? Is the leg still swollen?

Back
Top Bottom