Barred Rocks. Sitting.

samanthaburns

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Texas
16 eggs between the two of them. Should start hatching next week. So excited. These girls haven't ever sat before. So proud of them.

I've got a girl sitting on just 3 eggs right now. It is exciting - I have 2 weeks to go though. Will the chicks be barred rocks too? I loved my barred rock Charlotte - I lost her earlier this year. She was so sweet and gentle.

Awe. Hopefully two weeks will go by fast. No babies won't be pure barred rocks. I want a barred rock rooster but can't find a pure one where I live. We loved our BR. Yes they are very sweet and gentle. They just follow us around everywhere. We have 10 of them.

We only had one that was broody until about 5 days ago. Then another one came to sitting so I split the first ones eggs between them. The new one was sitting on fake eggs. Felt sorry for her. And she would get out and take the other ones spot. When she would go eat They were getting mad at each other so just split the eggs

Must be something going around, I have three hatchery barred Rocks that have decided to set this year. These ladies are 3 years old and have never once showed the slightest interest in brooding before. Now, they're all at it! One's already hatched her clutch, one is due Tuesday/Wednesday, the last one is due a week after that.

I say bring them on! I love broody hens
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom