Bay Area BYCers!

We are in Vallejo, moving to Burbank. We need to find a home for our two pets. We have a Rhode Island Red hen that is three years old. She stopped laying after the raccoons got our other hen about four months ago. Her buddy is a cochin bantam roo we think. He came to us as a kindergarten project. They were not able to keep any roos. They are both tame, although since we have been moving and gone alot for the last six months they squirm a little when I get back home to them and pick them up and carry them around. Does anyone know of someone who wants a couple of pet chickens?

My incubator this morning...LOCKDOWN!!!!!!!

7 Wheaten Ameraucanas & 3 Olive eggers from Paul's rare poultry
10 Wheaten Marans from Fitz Farms - the beginnings of my maran breeding program!!! woohoooooooo
AND
8 fabulous eggs from Happy Chooks - her test olive eggers https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=404521 - can't wait to see the eggs these lay!!!

41441_in_bator_112010.jpg

Quote:
We loved their place.

If you have any problems let me know. I go to the poultry auction every monday and the livestock auction is right next to it. Last week I couldn't believe how many goats they had. Lots of smaller breeds although I have no idea what breeds they were, but I could find out.

Last edited:
I'll be parting with some of the wheaten ameraucanas (some are already spoken for) and Pauls olive eggers if anyone wants some...they should be laying nice eggs in May!

Last edited:
The one I go to is here in Modesto. There are several out this way. Got my Favs there going on 3 weeks ago.

Been trying to buy up supplies, since Bill died. I'm not doing so good on coops and runs, so been trying to find things to put some together. Bill was in the middle of a couple of them, but need to get them done and I need 4 more, so I've been on a mission.

OH they have tools too. I got a almost new router last week for 14 bucks and week before a Dremel saw, brand new for $16. Got a box load of feeders one week for $9, but it also had some other things in it and some of that was junk, but one feeder is like $25, so I got a good deal I think.

I used to go every week and then after Bill died I didn't go for about 2 months, maybe more, but there every week again now.

It's 2 1/2 blocks from my house! Too close. I hated this house but we were waiting for his VA Disability to kick in to buy a place, so I settled for this. When I got up the first monday and started out the door he asked where I was going. I told him and he laughed and said "So that's why you didn't argue about this place" LOL He was right! hehe

Quote:
Thank you! Hey Steff are your barnevelders laying yet? I've been getting a couple of strange eggs that I think are their's. They are far from dark brown though. They are a little lighter than my RIRs but they have uneven speckling all over them. I guess it could be one of my marans misfiring but I kind of doubt it since the marans have been laying for a while and they have all been a consistant dark brown color.
hmm.png
I think we may have to take a trip to Holland for some dark egg laying Barnevelders.
lol.png

Hi Sunny!
frow.gif
I don't think any of my Barnies are laying yet. I've learned to identify Goldy and Freckles' eggs. They are laying, as well as Tatertot, but I've never caught the Barnies in the nest box. The wattles and combs are developing, though. I'm still waiting to see an egg. I think we have Barnies that have been crossed with Welsummers, but that should make the eggs a little darker. Now, remember, I'm going to get a dozen hatching eggs from tls_ranch in the spring, so we'll both have more Barnies!! Be ready!
big_smile.png

I'm ready now! I thought the same thing. They look like they've been crossed with wellies. That odd egg must be from one of the other birds. Could be one of my EEs.
hu.gif

Is anyone there maybe looking for Emu ?
My Father-in-law is gettng out of the Emu business and is looking to get rid of various ages and sexes of emus...he is in Lake County (East of Napa) so if interested, please PM me...thanks, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!

Back
Top Bottom