BE QUIET!!!

Thebazilly

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Cheney, Washington
Augh! I have four white leghorns that are about a month old now, three pullets and a young rooster (who was also supposed to be a pullet...). They've been tolerably quiet up until now, peeping happily at a reasonable volume, but now they won't SHUT UP! I think it's the little rooster making all the noise, and he keeps making loud, distressed peeps and occasionally SCREECHING. They have food and water, I just changed their shavings, they're in the house, so they can't be too cold, and none of them look injured or sick.

Is there any way I can get them to be quiet?!

Wait until you hear the egg song, they can get even louder

Chickens for the most part are not that loud but when they want to or when they lay they are pretty loud

I have six WL hens and one Roo! The Roo cockadoodles all day starting at about 4am
ep.gif
The hens are VERY vocal and chatter all day long. Of all the breeds I have they talk the most, next are the Delawares who are almost as bad, but with a very low "voice"! Good luck, they're talkers!

I was mostly worried that they were hurt or something, since they sounded distressed (I had to separate one pullet once because of tail pecking and she made the same shrill, 'help me!' peeps because she was lonely). It gets a little annoying to check up every five minutes to make sure nobody's bleeding.

All of my chicks get talkative right before they fall asleep, too, but I'm starting to get used to that. It's more of a happy peeping, even if they are loud.

I'm planning on moving them out to their coop this weekend, the weather's supposed to be nice!

Back
Top Bottom