Be_Collective's design

Michaelene O'Flynn

Hatching
12 Years
Oct 30, 2007
Hi All!

I've just joined and find this to be a most informative site!

Looking at the original coop gallery, I found a lot of very good ideas and some truly wonderful designs.

One, in particular, caught my fancy--the "tower" that Be_Collective created for his flock. (Probably because I have a love for the ocean and lighthouses and it reminded me of that.)

My husband has been game to try to build a coop--I wonder if there might be more specific information regarding this design that Be_Collective would share?

Thank you.
MichaeleneO

With sincere thanks--I appreciate all the check-ins on my query--we've run out of time and we'll beging construction on our second choice: the smaller "playhouse coop"--the red and white one with the green-roofed house/pen.

We're probably going to make it more like 50:50--shed:run, and have the shed be full length.

We were adopted by a Guinea fowl "couple" last spring (?!) and after going through having their adorable 18 keets *and* the momma killed in a fox attack, the poppa--aka "Heckle"--has remained our little friend and yard/house ornament.

At this point, all the predators are zeroing in on him--in our yard--so we've penned him in a temporary shelter.

Construction on the coop begins--TODAY!

Will keep checking in on the site for all the great tips and suggestions.

Hi Horsewishr!
Yes, I did--but we're REALLY unskilled in this department and felt we needed more than was provided. (I mean--we're REALLY deficient! LOL! Good ideas, no idea how to get there!)
In Be_Collective's design, however, he certainly had a wonderful vision AND the know-how!
wink.png

Armed with Pangman's "coop book", we're pretty well set to start construction in the next hour.
We'll do the little red coop design and embellish Heckle's House end with my Uncle's rooster weathervane which he took down from his garage cupola and spruced up for us.
Heckle won't be able to SEE the weathervane so he won't realize it isn't a *Guinea fowl* atop his new home.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom