Been gone a long time!

KingsCalls

Songster
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
New Market,Tn.
Hey everyone! I have been gone for what seems like forever. To make a long story short, The company I worked for shut down, I was unemployed for 10 months, went to school, now have another job but, am only home on weekends. Due to being unemployed for so long, I had to reduce my animals(pets) down to almost nothing. I no longer have all my blue, black, splash or white Orpingtons. I do still have the buffs. My wood ducks and mandarins were also cut drastically. One man bought all my call ducks except for "Cotton" my best show call drake. I could not part with him. My fainting goats have been reduced to 5 at the present , tho spring should bring 3 to 6 new kids.
I did not know how hard it would be to watch the animals you had worked so hard to raise and nurture leave with someone, never to return! When the guy came down from Kentucky to buy the call ducks, I almost backed out at the last min. !
Thanks to GOD, my wife and I weathered the storm and did not loose anything to the banks but, it was close I'm tellin' ya! I have learned a valuable lesson thru all this tho, "If I can't pay cash for it, I really don't need it!" The toys are not worth it, (motorcycles, 4-wheelers, enclosed motorcycle trailers, camper trailer and on and on). I would much rather have my ANIMALS!
I have missed you all and am looking forward to meeting the new people who have become members since my abrupt, unwanted, unexpected and miserable exit from BYC.
I am in the market for some new birds to restart my favorite hobby and I will be looking here at you guys and gals first. I am still the Poultry Dir. for the Jefferson County Fair and want you all to know that this past Fair was our 1st APA Sanctioned Show. We had 166 birds and gave away tons of money and trophies and the banner with the BYC logo was there during the show. This year we hope to have even more birds.
Have a great day and great upcoming breeding season,
KINGSCALLS (Pete)
P.S. For anyone close to East Tn. I am looking for the following chiken breeds/colors.
(1) Blue and Black Orpingtons
(2) Blue Laced Red Wyndottes
The following ducks.
(1) white calls
(2) pastel calls
(3) mandarins
If you have or know of someone who has good quality birds of any of these, please let me know.

Welcome back!! I may be one of the newbies to you, so I still wanted your return to BYC that much more Special.

Eva

frow.gif

Welcome back brother, I know the feeling and for me I was to very very close call to loose all my business, though I did not have toys, but real equipments for my excavating business, and ofcourse construction went dade, that's tell you the rest of the story, thanks God that my family all helped me out, and bought a piece of land I inherited from my Dad and I rescued my business, now in winter I am soooooooooo glad for the snow/ bad temp we geting here, it makes me put bread on the table.

Welcome back, KingsCalls! Glad to hear you're on the way to economic recovery. We've given up a few "toys" ourselves, this past year. I agree - the birds are better!

welcome back! I don't know if this is a color you need, and he is not very typey. I have a couple threads asking what color this is, but no one knows. He is a little bit more beige/non-blue in the breast than the picture shows. I don't need him, I just bought him because I wanted to ask here what color he is. I don't own another call duck. Do you know what color this is? Is there such a thing as lavender fawn? Anyhow, if he would help you at all I could part with him pretty easy. I have only had him a week.

calldrake.jpg

Welcome back we missed you! I think in one way or another we can all empathize with you. I stood in the yard earlier today asking myself if it comes down to it, who goes and who stays.

Back
Top Bottom