Been very emotional since Wednesday Evening

Thank You All,
He is stable but there are still some unanswered things. On the lab work the doctor said he has high acid numbers. I didn't know what that meant, never heard of it, they explained it to me. They did a not CT Scan this time on his bowels. Called in a General Surgeon to also look at the CT Scan. They were looking for perferations, tears, etc. They didn't see any. Surgeon said he didn't see anything that would call for surgery tonight, but they were all going to consult and there could be. But they would call me if that would come about. Then the head doctor of ICU came in to talk to me. Because Steve is anemic, he needed my permission to give him 2 units of blood. Told me that he has to let me know that there is a chance of HIV, Hepatitis A & B, but that was a low risk. I gave permission He said that the colonoscopy is planned for tomorrow, but didn't know about the endoscopy. He didn't know what time, so I am planning on being there at 6:00-6:30.am.
I had security walk me to our truck. He told me to never walk to the vehicle alone at night. Where to have security called before 11:00pm, after 11:00 to go over to ER and have them call them. Very nice young man (well young to me), I would say in his 30's.
Well going to go and try to get some sleep
THANK YOU AGAIN! (I have to figure out how to PM, haven't done it on here before)

Blood transfusion risks are exceptionally low, virtually non-existent with our modern tech, but they must warn you of said remote possibilities.
I've had 14, and I'm still ok!

Did they give any explanation for the extreme anemia? Does he have a blood disorder?
Extreme anemia can account for his critically low stats.
Yes, he has diarrhea. I thought it was off and on. But he was keeping it from me, been going on for 2 months. I would ask what was wrong and he'd say nothing I'm fine. Wasn't eating much, would ask why he wasn't eating. He would say I don't know just not hungry. They see signs of Crohns in his intestines. His mother would do the same thing, not tell anyone.
Have to leave ready to get back to hospital. Got showered, dressed and had a cup of coffee.

They did the colonoscopy and endoscopy at noon. His stomach is in good shape, nothing wrong there. There is a narrow area in his colon, inflammation there and saw old scar tissue. He said he definitely has Chrons and has had it for years. Doctor said Steve got backed up to where the stomach couldn't empty. So he will have to take a softener to keep from backing up and causing it to inflame. There will be life style changes made.
Doctor said it was a good thing I told them there was a family history of Crohns cause Steve didn't, which was understandable with the state he was in.
They are going to remove the breathing tube as soon as he is more awake. Heart rate, blood pressure, pulse, breathing saturation numbers are all good. Lungs are clear from the aspirations. Doctor said earliest he would be getting out would be Tuesday. As long as his labs come back good and numbers stay in the range. I said that would be the Best 20th Anniversary Present I could ever receive. Tuesday is our 20th Anniversary.
Of course I am going to tease the heck out of him. He would do the same to me. Going to tell him, I knew you were full of it, now I have proof:gig

Back
Top Bottom