Best Breed For Showing

RingedTeal

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Georgiana,Alabama
Hi I was wondering what breed is best for showing?
idunno.gif

ss is right: any breed will do just fine.

Consider the following:

OEGB is the largest catagory (at least in the South). Competition is extremely stiff. Some of these fellows have been at it for decades. Don't count on winning in the next 4 or 5 years.

One of two chickens will win the Show about 80% (or better) of the time; it will be either a White bird or a Black bird.

Yup...Silkies can also have it rough as well. Very popular at shows.

But the general rule of thumb is to find a breed that you like best. Anyone can give you the name of a breed but finding one that speaks to you will make exhibiting and working with the birds more worthwhile.

I have some more questions. I've decided I am going to do games(standard maybthem e bantamns/modern) but if you have them dubbed(cut combs and wattles) can you still show them the reason i'm asking is because we have and some of them don't have them and what is the most popular color for showing.Can you tell me some resputable breeders in alabama because a disease came through and wiped out everything he had.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Old English Game Bantams and the Modern Game Bantams must be dubbed to show.The can be shown before November of the year they were hatched undubbed but in my opinion you cant win with an undubbed game.If you are interested in some very good Old English or Moderns I can pm you a contact in Alabama.I really suggest that if you are 12 years old please let an adult do some checking into you some good birds.

My Grandpa and me breed standards and he has been helping me.And please pm me the person in alabama please.
Thanks about the dubbing tip.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom